Went to Urgent Care Today. Help Me Out With Some Advice.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I went to Urgent care ( horrible I had to wait 4 hours literally.)

And when the dr looked in my ears he said I had a infection ( bad) in both ears but right ear is worse then left..he said that the ringing must be coming from this.

I am now on a antibiotic Biaxin is the generic name I believe..
      Kind if nervous..
      What if the ringing doesn't go away? Any thoughts? He said it was bad...

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Did they say weather it wasan outer or middle ear infection? I had both as well as a colld my doctors are convinced my t will go away

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I believe inner, he said he saw fluid @cullenbohannon do you have an infection?

4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Yea I had a middle ear infection from a cold becuase my eustachian tubes were clogged. I'm not sure weather doctors can see the inner ear and an infection of the inner ear would like have other symtoms such as vertigo and balance issues so I think you may have a middle ear issue as well.
      Fluid behind your ear can def cause t hopefully once the infection is healed and the fluid drains you will be t free. It can take a few months to drain the fluid from your ears my t has reduced greatly my issues started 6 weeks ago so be patient. I can't remember if you said if you saw an ent. But mine saw the fluid and said it wasn't actually infected. Anyway take the meds and try to drain the fluid with a decongestant be patient stay positive and if you get any anxiety or still feel depressed please make sure to see a Dr for that it's a serious issue.

5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Seriously Maithe, I would NOT get on a plane now after getting this report. You are risking permanent damage. This is exactly how I got chronic tinnitus. Either wait until the infection clears or travel at ground level. Professional pilots and flight attendants do not fly when they have these issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I don't think I'll be flying at all going to cancel the trip let the medication do it's thing for me. Hopefully I get better. @LadyDi and @cullenbohannon

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      You WILL get better! Smart move. Very relieved you are staying put and working toward improvement. Given you have a severe infection, your T very well may vanish when it clears.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I hope it really does..it's odd though, how the drs didn't spot it sooner. The first hospital visit they saw inflammation, then 2nd was fluid, I put rubbing alcohol in my ear that I think helped because the 3rd trip to the ER they didn't see anything and then Friday they saw a bit of fluid...( very complicated) but now I have an infection in both ears :) lol. That's nothing to smile about in actually in pain! So hopefully..the T diminishes..but why would an ear infection bring on T? @LadyDi

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Even if the T does go away, I want to stick around on this forum...it has brought some anxiety down and all of you have been very wonderful to me and helpful.

10. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      My daughter told me one day she had ringing in one of her ears she 20 i panic for her cause of what i went through i took her to an ent and she had an ear infection with wather behind eardrum after ther meds and noise spray thak God heres went away.... you may be the same ill pray for you.... good luck..

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you @christine kauhane I could a prayer.

My ears hurt badly :( so I hope it all does clear away :/

12. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      try warm wash clothes on ears, :LOL:wet them ,heat them in microwave cool to touch and hold them on ears:dunno: hope that helps:joyful:

13. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      The t can be brought on from fluid behind the ear or inflation of nerves in the ear canal. For some reason these effect the way we perceive sounds. Glad your feeling better and keep this attitude going forward.

14. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:

If you have an ear infection that definitely can cause tinnitus. As I've said before, tinnitus is a symptom, not a disease. It manifests as a result of a dysfunction in the auditory system, whatever that may be. I bet you have a very good chance of clearing up and being back to normal once you get your ear infections taken care of.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you guys, @Hudson @cullenbohannon and @christine kauhane I really hope this clears up for me. Even if it does I tend to stick around and see how all of you guys are doing, if not ( T stays) than I'll defiantly need some support :/ but thank you so much.