What a Journey

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jerry777, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Jerry777

Jerry777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Diagnosed 12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure but I did have a neck injury
      After a cervical neck injury 12/2012 I progressively noticed ringing in my ears and sensitivity to sounds. In 2016 I had noticed both of these were increasing.

At first the sensitivity to sounds were mostly coming from traffic etc. outside my home, to were eventually a sensitivity to music and sounds inside my home. Finally in Dec of 16 of was really not able to function outside my home for long periods of time.

I stopped going to Church as I could not take the music, nor the PA system, nor the roar of the crowds. I could no longer handle restaurants, movies, or about any public place. I knew something was wrong.

I went to a audiologist where I was diagnosed with severe to moderate both tinnitus and hyperacusis.

My treatment plans was white noise sound generators. I have been wearing them now since June 17, and unfortunately to date I really cannot say I have noticed any betterment. Doctor is wanting me to wear than for about 24 months. Crazy sometimes I have thought perhaps being deaf would be better.

I know that is a horrible thing to think, but I'm sure others have had the same thoughts. I know that people with normal hearing have NO idea how we suffer. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Morning

I’m sure deaf is worse plus I think tinnitus is still there, I’m new to this site tonight with a bottle of wine trying to put up with my new sounds.. I think you should mask it as doctor wishes give it more time, stick some earplugs in and go church don’t let it rule your life, I’ve personally been destroyed for 2 days that’s all it’s having, only here for a short visit find a way round it, make it your sound ... it’s awful I agree but it’s beatable

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jerry777

Jerry777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Diagnosed 12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just found this site tonight (USA). Hey good points to consider Marc. Thanks for the heads up on this. May your journey thru this be short.

4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      How many hours of the day does your doctor want you to use these sound generators?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jerry777

Jerry777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Diagnosed 12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      From when i get up to going to bed, all day.