What Can I Take for High Triglycerides?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Petloy, Nov 15, 2012.

tinnitus forum
    1. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      When I had my T August 1, 2012 I stopped all medications because I'm not sure what caused it. At that time I'm taking Trilipix (Fenofibrate 135 mg) daily, when my T has become stable in two weeks I took my Trilipix last August 18,2012 and I had a major spike so I told my MD and he told me to not take it for now.
      I just had my blood test and my Triglycerides is high again at 228, what can you suggest I can take which is T friendly? Thanks

2. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I don't know of any statin drugs that are not ototoxic so I am not sure what to recommend. I know people with T who take them regularly and it doesn't seem to impact their T at all.

The only real thing to do if you don't want to medications is to aggressively change your lifestyle, lose weight, exercise... and try to control your numbers naturally. Not always possible but worth a shot.

3. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Thanks Erik...I'm planning to take Niacin, I hope I don't get a spike.