What Companies or Researchers Are Searching for a Cure?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hoper, Aug 3, 2018.

1. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hello,

I want to know which big companies or renown researchers are searching for a cure or treatment of tinnitus.

Waiting is pointless. If we are only waiting, then we wait until we are dead. We need to spotlight us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      There aren't that many companies specifically looking for a cure for chronic tinnitus but there are many companies whose potential treatments might also help with tinnitus in the future. Did you have a look at the research thread?

• Like Like x 2
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @hoper There's one public company that has 1.08 billion in cash that working on neuroactive steroids for GABA hypofunction, GABBA receptor modulators and NMDA receptors. One of their drugs for depression and sleep disorders should be on the market in 2019 as they have given a green light from the FDA to complete a final stage study. This drug is not a benzo and has been shown to be very safe with almost no side effects. The withdrawal period is 3-5 days.

In their SEC filings they mention tinnitus as a neuro disease so they may have future research development consideration for tinnitus. They feel that their research may be valuable for many neuro conditions.

• Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      You are saying this drug make you happy think less of T and no side effects. No further damages to your hearing @Greg Sacramento

5. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Rajin The drug that should be on the market in 2019 was developed for depression and sleep disorders. It does focus on the same parts of the brain that tinnitus does, but they have not said if this drug will help with tinnitus. They have other neuro drugs and compounds in various stages of research.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -

What is the Name of the Company?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      Which one are you talking about ?:)

8. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      • Winner Winner x 2
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Well, for cases of tinnitus caused by noise exposure and ototoxic damage, there is

88ZyZz1W_400x400.jpg

They arent specifically trying to cure tinnitus, but hearing loss. People get distracted by that but this is a great hypothesis for the origins of tinnitus, that its caused by hearing loss. Their current trial right now will more than likely determine this. They have given 16 humans with SNHL their drug, which has awesome preclinical findings, and more than likely some of these people have tinnitus and I highly doubt that they wont inquire as to whether their tinnitus went away or went down.
      Lecture: Toward a True Cure for Hearing...

• Like Like x 1
    10. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Greg Sacramento I believe Sage Therapeutics. I believe they are in a strong position and worth risking buying into this company. I know several people who have been approached by the study who have depression with sleep problems.

I’m a layman though in terms of science but nowhere does it mention that the drugs in their pipelines will help with tinnitus - only possibly the psychological distress.

11. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/sage-therapeutics-—-cns-disorders.30078/

Check out the first post.

12. barrelracer55

barrelracer55 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Deaf
      What neuro drugs? I have terrible tinnitus. Sounds like I am in the middle of ten generators. Very loud all day every day. Wish they will test marijuana and see if that works or not. I live in Texas and it is not legal.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @barrelracer55
      I will give an response to your question in the coming week as there will be new FDA reporting. Don't let me forget.

I'm so sorry, same with me.

• Hug Hug x 1