What Do My Symptoms Sound Like?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnotherProblem, Jul 3, 2018.

1. AnotherProblem

AnotherProblem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Monday, June 18th, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      1. Whenever I'm exposed to certain sounds over a long duration (more than a few seconds), my ear starts to feel full...like pressure changes on an airplane.

2. When I lie down on the back of my head, I get a dizzy sensation that takes a little while to settle down.

3. I have a low, humming type sound in the ear when things are quieter...like the quiet hum of some kind of machine. This emerged in the last 3 days or so.

4. I'm pretty sure I have some hearing loss in that ear, as I have compared rubbing my fingers together next to that ear in comparison to the other, and there's a noticeable difference in how much more nuance I hear with the unaffected ear.

5. Oftentimes - particularly when lying down - when I plug the other ear with my finger, it seems to alleviate/normalize the sensation in the affected ear. It seems like the imbalance between the two is a big part of the uncomfortable sound effect.

Also, I never go to concerts. Never listen to loud music. Never did any of the stuff that would cause hearing loss. Plus, I'm only 33.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have replied to your other post. If you don't go to places where there is loud music played and you don't listen to audio through headphones, then I advise that you get a referral to ENT so tests can be carried out on your auditory system.

The ears are delicate and the symptoms you describe need to be investigated by an ENT doctor and tests carried out. Please do this.

Michael

• Like Like x 1