What Else Can I Do in the Acute Stage of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Enrique, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      Hi guys,
      So I have had tinnitus for a little less than two months. First of all I want to say thank you to all of you who have taken the time out of your day to help me. This forum is a lifesaver. Now, since tinnitus is best treatable in the acute stage, what treatments can I still pursue at this point? I looked into AM-101 and was offered to come in but it seems to risky for me. Any other treatments?

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      not for now :)

3. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Some people claim HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) has helped them. I did quite a bit of research on it myslef but decided not to pursue it. I'm very skeptical. But there are plenty of threads about it on this form it you want to learn more.

Do you know the cause of your T?

4. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      You can try some vitamins B, and magnesium.

5. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Am 101. Whys it risky?

6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I envy you guys that can try this AM thing, I am stuck in Iceland ...nothing going on here.
      I would kill a fly for that opportunity. :p

7. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      AM-101 seems a little scary to me to be honest, but I haven't heard any horror stories either - though it would be annoying to get the placebo and just have a hole in your ear from saline injections. Since you're already 2 months out, I'm not sure I would want to do that if I were in your shoes.

I don't know that there's anything more "proven" than that out there, but even if you don't do AM-101, you will habituate and the noise can go down some over time - you'll be okay :)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      @washashore
      It was caused by loud noise. Went to an indoor shooting range and shot with little to no protection. I have slight/mild hearing loss which is very likely the cause of my T. It is mainly in my left ear but have T and hearing loss in both. I don't think HBOT will help that much. Not worth all that money to me.

@Quentino
      I started taking magnesium this week so we'll see if it helps. I'll try vitamin B as well.

9. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      @Enrique
      I came to the same conclusion about HBOT. To me, it's not worth the ridiculous price for something so unproven. Mine is also noise induced, a little over three months ago. It's a high pitch squeal that I can hear almost everything. For treatments, I haven't really done anything except protect my ears in loud situations, and try to stay positive, busy, and healthy. I've had mixed results; I sometimes go several days in a row without being bothered by it much, then other days, it can be all consuming and I hear it every second of the day.

Anyways, nice shades.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      @washashore lol thanks man. My life is pretty much the same. Go days feeling great and then I feel horrible, mostly so when I don't sleep well. It'll be a battle but we should get better. We are both young so hopefully there will be treatments in the near future.