What Is Up with My Tinnitus Today?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fangen, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      Just a random post before bedtime..

My T has been raging all day, went up during the evening for no reason. Left ear had a good old spike and it was so loud. Right one being the worst was more or less the same. I was watching something on the computer and suddenly when I turned it off and just had the tv playing something softly in the background I realized it was much more quiet. I don't have to try very hard to hear the T with the tv on normal volume, but now it is lower and I can hear reaaaaaallly really softly a buzzing but mostly silence.
      I plugged my ears in excitement, maybe it would go away??
      Left ear is completely silent I think, my right ear is still ringing and buzzing like always but not as bad as it has been the past weeks. But I don't think I can hear anything on my left ear right now.
      I don't wanna go to sleep in case it resets but I really though the new increase would be the new baseline. Maybe this is just a rare occurrence but still, at least my brain can change the tone and volume (why don't you always do that you scumbag brain!).

I know this is rather common from the threads, anyone that have better insight? Is this a good sign??

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      My T is very fluctuating, and plays with me the wicked game of nearly "disappearing" to be back a few hours later. It never really goes away, it just takes a break in between storms.

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. 小雨小语
      Balanced

小雨小语 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      always stay up late and use computer for long time
      I think it's a good sign,Some T will fading gradually,wish you get well.

4. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I'm so happy for you. Maybe it is a sign that T will leave your ears?

My T in my left ear has the bad spike of mine las two days and this morninh it has almost gone! But now it is here I can hear little buzzing. What is that?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @InfiniteLoop
      Yeah it seem to go up a little after an hour, woke up this morning and it was still lower than usual but not as good as it was at that moment I wrote the post. Left ear feels like it is back to how it was at onset. I hope this last a little since I have slept and it is still better.

I hope so, I know some people here on TT have good days too and it will bounce back to "the louder"-normal after a day or so. Since my T has become louder the past month, it is a big welcome for a little quieter T, even if it just sends me back to the old baseline, I hope a little that it might fade away, but I would just like my old baseline back first, that is the only thing I ask for. But yes, if it would go down even more and maybe fade away to nothing, that would be the best :)

@Beste Thank you! I don't know what it can be, it is going back to the old baseline in the left ear, the right is still kind of reactive to sounds so it will spike during the day. But if I do get my old baseline back and it doesn't fade away, that is still great news for me. The spike/change I have had during the past month has been annoying to say the least, so anything that is more quiet is a relief. I don't think my T will leave my ears due to the noise-trauma but at least it can go back to the old T :)
      Glad to hear that your spike is calming down, I believe it will leave you soon completely. Spikes are hard to handle at first, I see that you are quite new to T still. But after a while you learn that spikes are temporary and will subside with time. Best wishes!

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      T is very unpredictable Fangen. After 2 years I seem to be getting more better days. I got some horrendous spikes which practically brought me to my knees, but thankfully I haven't had them quite as bad. Stay strong.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Glad to hear that you're getting better in time, that gives hope to us other that it might be better days coming!
      My usual afternoon spike is kicking in again, sounds much louder now but hopefully it quiets down like yesterday soon enough. Thank for the support, best wishes!

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Hi @Fangen do you have hearing loss? Where does your hearing loss lay? Mine is at 20 db at 4000 hz. Lately I've been having much better "quieter" days than usual (for instance, right now I can hear hissing and blowing but it's not making me go crazy).
      Also, I don't mean to be stalking, but didn't you say your partner has T?
      My mom has T and she's been my rock throughout all of this. She knows the struggle but she said that she habituated probably 6 months in, (she has had it for 25 years). She's mentioned it like maybe twice before but she didn't complain about it. Basically, the stove was leaking gas and I shut it off and told her about it, she said "Oh. I didn't hear it. I have this beep in my ear and I thought it was my ear." So I asked her about it and she didn't seem very worried so it never came up again. So now that mine came on, she told me about how she was nervous at first but then she just didn't care anymore and she other things to do, so I've been trying to keep that mentality that I have bigger fish to fry. Just at night is when it gets to me!
      Anyways, hope you're doing great today
      Ricardo

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ricardo1991
      From the test, I don't have any hearing loss within the normal speech frequencies (up to 8khz), I even hear better than most. I do believe I have hidden hearing loss, e.g, perfect results but I must have lost something in the higher ones. But my ENT don't want to test me there for some reason. So unknown how much I drop in other frequencies.
      That is correct, my boyfriend has T as well, not sure how loud it is (should be louder than mine considering both hearing loss due to noisy workplace and T before that from a concert), but he seems like your mom, not worrying at all and just living life as normal. I wish I was a little more relaxed with this, but then again, I have always been the worrying type. My mom also have T, I think she has some issues hearing when we talk to quiet, and I suppose she has the normal T noise too. But she never mentioned it really, and I knew about it but somehow I couldn't even reflect on the fact that she got it from noisy workplace too and I should have protected myself in the concert, but it is easy to be smart in hindsight..

Best wishes!

10. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Fangen yea, let's not beat ourselves up over this; I might have caused damage from bleaching my hair for 2 hours straight. Yea, I know that was a stupid thing to do but I didn't really think it would do anything. It probably didn't do much, but who knows! I am not entirely sure that my hearing will be restored. I did recover about 10 db after I had steroid injection treatments, but I'm worried that it's probably getting worse over time, there's absolutely no way of telling unless I have a hearing test again.
      I guess it's just the way life rolls.
      Ah well, it's just the first few months. Let's not listen to the people who have 'suffered' for years. I keep telling myself; "Okay, David, Ed, Sergio, Tony, Liz (siblings) and my mom have this and Theresa (my boss). They never mentioned it to me until I told them about it." You're going to be fine, WE'RE going to be fine! Lol
      Hope all is well,
      Ricardo

11. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't mean to say that the sufferers aren't suffering. I just don't want to put myself in the mindset that I'm going to suffer otherwise I will suffer.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I understand what you mean Ricardo, and I think that mindset is a good one. If you feel like the world is shit, yes you will only find the crappy things in life. If you feel like you will be fine, you will seek out all the signs for the good things. I know that I try to do that too, it is harder than said but nothing ever comes your way unless you try right?
      I don't think the bleaching your hair would do any harm since it is outside the ear, I do believe it must have been caused of something else. I have bleached my hair so many times and never felt any change to my hearing or so.

Best wishes!