What Kind of Neck Problems Can Cause Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nic1982, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Nic1982

Nic1982 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/5/15
      I've had tinnitus for 8 weeks today, it subsided for 4 weeks in this time but came back 2 weeks ago.

The night before the first onset, I went to a body pump class which involved using a weight bar across the back of my neck, I found it really uncomfortable having the bar resting on my vertebrae. I wonder if this could be linked to the T?

2. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Did you have exposure to loud noises for a short time or to somewhat loud noises for several hours days before the first onset? Is it in both ears? This is often asked to rule out causes like menieres disease or a tumor (extremely rare). Have you seen a doctor Nic? Hang in there. The fact that it has already subsided is promising. Someone will surely no more than me about the neck issues..

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nic1982

Nic1982 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/5/15
      @Leodavinci thanks for the reply. Yes seen two ents, one privately from royal ears nose & throat hospital. Both do not think menieres, no hearing loss or fluid on tests, no loud noise exposure. I guess like many just frustrated at lack of answers. I am currently awaiting an MRI scan.

The only thing I could attribute to was I had a bath which I laid in with my head under water for several minutes, just nose & mouth out to breath. Within 15 minutes I had loud T. It subsided greatly, after 5 or 6 days it went loud for a few seconds & then completely faded out. During that 4 weeks I had mild hissingT but that didn't really bother me. Then the high pitch T returned & if I'm lucky enough to get to sleep it wakes me after a couple of hours. It's definitely worse when lying down! Even in the same quiet environment, if I sit up or stand it goes very mild again.

I've just started prednisolone, probably too late but worth a shot. Anxiety is awful at the moment & although I'm hopeful things will get better like it has for others, I'm so sad it happened now as I'm getting married in two weeks.

Xx

4. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Neck problems can cause T. You could try massage or an osteopaths and see if it makes a difference.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1