What Kind of Tinnitus Is This (Changes with Sounds, Pressure, Orientation, Interference, etc.)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by GoingGrayy, Jun 3, 2019.

1. GoingGrayy

GoingGrayy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1220hz/1275hz - middle ear pressure/suction
      So I have a tone in my right ear that appeared after an ear cleaning (with tool/vacuum by ENT) in 2015.
      It changes in volume, and changes slightly in tone, in response to many factors.

Pressurising my ears, blowing my nose, water in my ears, lying down or standing up, lying left or right side up, etc.
      Jaw/neck/muscles movements or tension make no difference with this tone.

Also, listening to a ~1350 Hz tone resonates/interferes with it making it quieter and wobbly.

When I blow my nose forcefully my left ear can get pressurised/irritated and get the same sounding/variable tone, but then clearing the pressure and waiting 5-20mins resolves it. But with my right ear it's always there, as if there's always a bit of pressure or inflammation or something.

Lastly, when I extend my jaw (or swallow) to clear my ears (/open/move my eustachian tubes?) my right side makes a much more noticeable "un-sticking"/clicking/crunching sound than the left side of my head.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GoingGrayy

GoingGrayy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1220hz/1275hz - middle ear pressure/suction
      Bump? I'm sure someone here has the knowledge to answer this pretty quickly, since there's a lot of clues..

3. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      I have this same problem, also after a cleaning. Has yours gotten any better?

4. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Could be somatic, linked with an ETD?