What to think of the following?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Meestijn, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Meestijn
      Balanced

Meestijn Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      My T has changed somewhat during the onset approx. 3 months ago (for the good or the bad, I dunno yet!)

When I first noticed my T a high pitch 4kHz in my left ear was most present. This tone is more or less faded into the background (fingers crossed it stays that way) however, instead my static/white noise has become more present plus an intermittent pitch (no clear freq.). Both this static/white noise and intermittent pitch is always more hyper active after some general activities (not loud but moderate).

Nevertheless, In general the T is less intrusive (fingers crossed) and more manageable. Kind of habituation or a recovery???
      Still afraid though that my static/noise one day will climb/stay at a higher level!

But what to think of the following…
      When I wake up in the morning my T is (almost) not there but after a few seconds, when I think about T (why the hell it is the first thing I think about when waking up???:confused:) it slowly turns in and reaches a peak mostly in the evening or before going to bed?

My T is noise induced (prolonged use of earbuds for sure) and I’m wondering whether more noise induced T people have the same experience or that this has nothing to do with the type of T (or what the cause might be( and is just an random something and not related to noise induced T?

Can this also be an indication which part of our hearing system is damaged or the cause of the phantom sounds?

Furthermore, the last few days I have had the strange sensation that my ringing in my left ear increased for a few seconds like some release (I can't really describe) but afterwards the net T volume appears to be less then before the spike?

The last days I also had a lot of earpain with the feeling that fluid was running inside my ear (not behind my eardrum since the ENT couldn't see/find anything as I describe this to my ENT also during my early T weeks). So it looks fluid is on the move inside my inner ear? Or is this a crazy thought? Again should I consider this a good or bad sign?

I know a lot of questions but I could appreciate some feedback!

2. SarahR

SarahR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I've had the exact same thing - at onset 2 months ago a pure high pitched noise in both ears, now I've got a less intrusive high pitched noise in my left ear and almost not noticible in my right ear. I do have a constant 'buzz' in both ears though, which I definitely did not have at the beginning.

I think my T may be because of music through earbuds too.

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Meestijn
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
    5. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      What you and @SarahR describe is like mine also high pitch tone at the start which now is not as loud ( although I think it's my perception of the noise) and I have a static buzz in my head sort of thing !

If I wake through the night which is most nights I hear no high tone just buzzing I wait for tone then up it pops !!! For a few moments it's not there I can almost make it come back a slowly creeps back into my left ear!

I get fleeting T scary at first - doesn't bother me now - think you sound just like a lot of us - reassuring I think although not what I wish for you ! Xx

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Meestijn
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Hi @Cher69,

Interesting... is your T also a result of a noise trauma or anything else?

I do not think I experienced fleeting T (that is a different sensation and I got it too sometimes, even before T).
      Since after I experienced this spike (or what so ever, my T went down, or at least that is what I think!).

The fleeting T doesn't scary me, however, what scares me more is that I believe have a very reactive T.
      It can be really quite but at the same time, being in moderate to mild noise environments, can be quite active and I'm afraid this only will become worse over time (wrong mindset, I know, but I can't help at the moment!).

7. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      My T was out of the blue - no noise trauma put it down to stress the ENT docs for me ! I had a stressful 18 months then T arrived and sent me into the pattern of anxiety worry and sleep issues so many on here describe.

Just had a fleeting T moment myself now its an odd sensation I get a pressure feeling in the ear then a totally new and different squeal then it stops - phew

Last night I slept until 4.30am - my hubby kindly woke me by getting into bed freezing cold - no high tone in left ear (my usual T) just a wierd buzz a really low low tone buzz all over my head - no tone at all....... fell back to sleep or dozed and got up normal time to my usual tone in my left ear and no buzz I had at 4.30am !

It doesnt bother me now or at the moment Im dealing with it - I try not to think about it worsening although I did at the start and when I read about someone who has suddenly after years found T has spiked and is really bad - I do have a dread feeling come over me think its natual to have those feelings but we have to try and be positive - live for today tomorrow will take car of itself you know the score ;)

Cher x