What's With This?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Ilija, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      I don't know what to think of my ears any more.
      I must say this Tinnitus thing is some right bullsh*it.
      So the Tinnitus is still going down, it's changed to an air sound, If I stand in complete silence I start to feel pressure in my ears and instead of an air sound I hear a ring in the left ear and some kind of turbine noise in both ears, but that might just be my cold.
      Anyway I don't know what to do, it seems like any sort of Tinnitus sound get's their volume turned up in my brain.
      My PC fan noise which was just air is not making my left ear ring (because the PC is on the left side)
      My TV makes my ears ring by producing some static noise and that seems to irritate my ears.
      The PC's in school now make my ears ring even though they didn't at first.
      What the hell is wrong with me, It's like I come back to school and everything is fine and then after hearing some noises for a while my brain develops it into a ringing sound.
      What is that? The Tinnitus is no longer a problem THIS IS.
      I don't want to be in my home at times because I know my PC will make my ear ring.
      Some days it's low and it doesn't annoy me, but then some days it's quite loud.
      I really really hate this it seems like my life has gone from happy to depressed and all of that because some IDIOT with a microphone screaming so loud and so badly for a sec my ears were hurting (this is probably what caused the tinnitus).
      Sometimes I'm happy and then sometimes I'm reminded of the Tinnitus by constant ringing of appliances all around me and I get depressed.
      What is cause my brain to turn regular every day sounds into ringing for no apparent reason?
      This further proves my theory that I have hidden hearing loss and now the cells have turned up the volume so I can hear all this stuff.
      Please help me, I'm going to go see an audiologist in a week or two, see what he can tell me.

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi @Ilija -

I hear your frustration clearly, I really do. And I feel for you.

That said - and at the risk if appearing overly simplistic - it seems to me that you are attempting to "figure out" your tinnitus. In my experience, that is an exercise in futility. Indeed, after 20+ years I have not figured out mine - and I long ago stopped trying.

Hopefully, after a thorough evaluation your audiologist will point you in a more productive direction. Unfortunately I am not in a position to make any specific recommendations in that regard.

I wish you well in your search for meaningful lasting relief.

Dr. Stephen Nagler