When Can I Use Earbuds?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jackvh, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firework rocket exploded on the ground
      Hey my tinnitus has reduced so much after cochlea infection. Can't hear any tinnitus and my headache is gone that would have been there normally.

Not planning on using any earbuds for now until I'm sure I can. Anyone knows how long I should wait?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If you must use headphones then I advise that don't use earbuds as they are inserted into the ear canal. I believe it is better to use "over the ear" type headphones. If I were in your position I would never use any type of headphones again even at low level but the choice is yours.

I think it's a good idea not to use earphones/headphones for at least 3 months. When you do resume using them, keep the volume as low as possible and don't use them for long periods. Maximum I'd recommend 1hr use then take a break and to give your ears a rest.

Best of luck
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firework rocket exploded on the ground
      Thanks for your time michael, il avoid using them for a couple of months. Until i feel positive about it.

• Like Like x 1
    4. ZZZK

ZZZK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      If you do use headphones I would set the volume level just below your T. If you can't hear your T over the headphones it may be too loud to be safe and it might also disrupt your brains natural retraining/acclimation.

• Like Like x 1