When Enough Is Enough

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tweaker, Dec 9, 2015.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @hoper ,
      Would miss your great sense of humour and that is a great gift and stops tinnitus taking away your smile and laughter....keep your funny pics coming...lots of love glynis

2. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      i thought of something funnier than 24
      it was 25
      479158c134567dccec8f906844dbc4ac547325f14a590f8a2af9f28b5d4382b0_1.gif
      ...lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Can I say I'm in the uk and know how silly Drs are here about melatonin. I did not want sleeping pills so I got melatonin, low dose, via a friend from Majorca. I now only need a quarter of a pill, about 0.50mg. This works very well.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      the disparity in this US vs UK is silly. It does sound like it's overly hard to get melatonin in the UK, but I think it's probably too accessible here (every grocery store). It's definitely a psychoactive drug, and given that it's a hormone which is intimately connected to the pathways that produce serotonin, n,n-dimethyltryptamine and other fundamental molecules of human consciousness, I think people should be a little wary about just gobbling tons of it all the time.

That said, I once spent a weekend taking pretty obscene amounts of it to see what would happen, and I don't think anything bad happened to me as a result. That experience definitely sold me on "melatonin is a drug", though. If you don't believe me, go take about 500mg over a 72 hour period... ;)

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      My hubby as been put on Melatonin help him sleep but says it keeps him awake more so not taking it no more ...lots of love glynis

6. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Sometimes small amount is far more efficient than taking larger amount that can keep you awake.

• Like Like x 1
    7. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Oddly here in the uk it is given to children with autism and allowed in the over 55's on the NHS. They do know production slows with age so at near,y 54 I qualified in my opinion.
      I take 0.50mg and that suits me.
      Why on earth would I want to try 500mg, that is foolish. I'm not in the market for taking risks. At some point I hope to stop, I've used it 3 months now. When my life is on track, maybe T gone again, I will try stop it.