When I Hear Sounds, I Hear a Ringing in My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rasmus, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      Hello i have been having normal tinnitus for 2 years. But now when i hear sounds or people are talking loud i can hear other tinitus sounds in my ears, does anyone else have this problem or can some of you explain why i have this. i got it about 10 days ago.

Thanks a lot and have a good day :)

2. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Yeah I feel you.. mine is 1000 hz tone.. So annoying to listen to it. It goes away sometimes but comes back....has been this way for 7 weeks. Looking for an explanation too :eek:

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hopefully it will go away for me and you :) i could almost never hear my normal tinnitus outside, but this is annoying when i can hear a car i get a new tinnitus sound, because it was not allready bad enough to hear it when i was home :/

4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Its like you are hearing the machinery of the ear actually processing the sound? I think this is what a lot mean when the talk of "reactive" tinnitus.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ye its like hearing a machinery i think.

What do you mean by this: I think this is what a lot mean when the talk of "reactive" tinnitus.

Sorry im bad at english :/

6. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I think it refers to a tinnitus sound that reacts with external sound, as in it becomes acutely louder, or more intense, as though it is competing with the external sound.

7. RobO
      Wishful

RobO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I have had T since about 12 days now and I have the same problem. Loud buzzing noises will make it worse or produce a different sound. I am a pretty down to earth person but it is starting to really worry me at this stage. My ears also hurt feels like pressure building up in the ears like they need to pop but that won't help either.

8. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea exactly, hope is all :p One question I have to ask: try to hold your breath when you have hear the car sound...will you still hear the tinnitus sound?

I used to visualize&think of that sound as the resonant frequency of the ear lol...since the ear canal is tube like in its construction.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      same here feels like i have presure in my ears to, maybe it feels like my ears sticks a little bit to. But the ears noas doctor said they could not see anything wrong with me :/ my hearing is also fine.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will try to hold my breath next time i go outside xD and see what happens :)

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How many of you guys have this problem. I have my normal tinnitus that almost never makes my day hard beucase i got use to it for 2 years now.(even when it sounds like a car when there is no sound at all.)

But now i get a new sound that i cant mask because when i hear sounds cars, my computer fan or anything at all i get a loud ringing in my head that i cant mask at all and it has been like that for 2 weeks now :/ This is to damm annoying and it is alot more worse then my normal tinnitus because there is sound around me all the time, not loud sound but sounds like a computer fan. So i guess you know what i mean now :/

Does anyone else have same problem? Sorry bad english. I cant find anything about it on google atleast.

12. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Yeah I have this too and it does it with my computer fan as well which is really annoying since it's on quit often...

13. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guys!!! Buy computer fans that are real quiet...or even passive cooling (just the metal thing). No need to suffer! But I gotta say! It may be the power supply unit too if it has Coil whine!