When I Plug My Ear, One of the Tinnitus Sounds Quietens

Discussion in 'Support' started by osoba, Jan 24, 2018.

1. osoba

osoba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Petrol Chainsaw
      One of the sounds of Tinnitus (out of 4) quietens when I plug my ear with a plug.
      Why that happens?

Is it better that I plug my ear and do not hear it, is it better not to plug this ear and listen to this sound of Tinnitus?

Will it help any option in the disappearance of this particular sound?
      (Of course apart from other considerations against clogging your ears every day)

2. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      Hi @osoba
      I don't have answers to your questions, some people say it is ok to use earplugs, some say it can cause tinnitus itself.
      I sometimes use them when I go sleep earlier and then my T also seems quieter, don't know why.

3. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      It is most likely reactive tinnitus, or the sound Is masked by other tinnitus tones.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      osoba

osoba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Petrol Chainsaw
      I do not know. If so, then when the ear is closed, other tones become louder?
      Fact, you can hear them more, but why does this sound become quieter? It should also be louder, just like the rest.
      I wonder if there is anyone who knows how it works?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Cam2018

Cam2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been reading a lot of pros and cons to ear plugs. I have noticed that since I started wearing them I hear better and while they are in my tinnitus is more tolerable. I tried this as seen on tv pills years ago and it helped but I cant remember the name. If u know it please let me knoww thx

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      osoba

osoba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Petrol Chainsaw
      I was taking pills based on vitamins, magnesium, etc. But in my opinion they did not help me a bit.
      I also took buccal drugs, but I did not feel any difference either.

Clogging the ears at some point made me start to hear a hiss instead of squeals. But I have to be careful not to let the squeal appear. Sometimes I do not even know what it depends on. For example, the last week almost always squeezes at its maximum.
      (I'm not talking about other sounds like buzzing and ringing / crackling)