When Life Becomes a "Beach"

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ashlyn Miles, May 9, 2016.

1. Ashlyn Miles

Ashlyn Miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wisdom teeth
      I guess I should introduce myself first, I'm an 18 year old girl, college student, I love the outdoors, running, exercise, just life. I've always been an energetic person but the past few months I'm a completely different person. I believe it all started with my wisdom teeth growing in, all of them were impacted which caused me to have an infection, severe migraines, lock jaw, stiff neck and fatigue so pretty much all I did was sleep in the dark with a pillow over my head drugged up on Tylenol 3. Along with these symptoms I also got another symptom a rushing noise in my ear. It started off so quiet that I thought it was just wind. At first me and my mother assumed it was just swimmers ear, or allergies as pollen is really bad in this area. So the past 2 months have passed I finally got my wisdom teeth removed (still in recovery, after i've lost about 10 pounds) so my headaches are still here and I still have a rushing noise in my ear. Almost like the wind or when you put a shell up to your ear. It definitely gets louder at night and is becoming more and more unbearable each day. I guess I start my journey now on discovering whether its caused by tmj or an ear infection or what. I'm scheduling an appointment with my ENT tomorrow morning and dentist as well. I just wanted to let everyone know that although my journey has been short so far I pray for all of you and pray we all find some time of relief. I understand how draining and crazy it can make you feel. I think a technique I've been using that may be useful for other people who suffer from the rushing noise as well is to imagine you're at the beach or listening to waves so your imagination matches the noise. I don't know, some nights it helps me :) Praying for you all and silence lol
      Ashlyn

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk Ashlyn.
      You have done the right thing getting to see your dentist and ENT.
      Keep us posted on how you get on.
      Try stay calm and relaxed so stress won't make your tinnitus louder.

Keep posting for round the clock support....lots of love glynis