When Will the Painful Cramping in My SSHL Ear Subside?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Allywatts, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Allywatts

Allywatts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Hi everyone! This is my first post and I was hoping you would be kind enough to share some advice or personal experience.

The short of it is I'm wondering when might this painful cramping in my SSHL ear subside?

The long of it is at the beginning of last month during a stressful moment I felt a pop in my right ear and a bunch of ringing and painful fullness. I got the run around by 4 doctors before I could see an ENT after 3 weeks, and he told me I had a high pitched hearing loss of maybe 15 dB in my right ear.

It's very slight and even though I've taken the Prednisone I don't think those 15 dB are coming back.

The worst part is definitely the ringing. I actually got ringing in the left ear a week after the right ear but that's starting to subside. The right ear has good and bad days, I'm just trying to be optimistic and wait it out. Before the SSHL I had a history of patulous eustachian tube in the right ear.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. frpp

frpp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj, Nihl, ototoxic drugs, nerve/ vascular issues
      Sorry this has happened to you.

Over time and after protecting your hearing it should get a little better but it's a long process. It's taken about 9+ months since my last acoustic trauma for this to happen.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allywatts

Allywatts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Thank you for sharing your experience. Even if it takes a long time I'm glad that it'll eventually feel better.