When Will They Cure This?

Discussion in 'Support' started by rid0871, May 25, 2016.

1. Cillian

Cillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      I just can't understand how something so common can't at the very least be treated it's a joke. I know it's a complicated condition but it's 2016

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rid0871

rid0871 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may of 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      had my neck adjusted
      does anyone know what the off feeling like with eyes is?

3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      "They" can't cure...
      MS-its not common, involves the whole body and CNS
      Diabetes- Its more of an managable now, they have treatments (doctors and pharma makes big money out of this)
      Cancers- (doctors and pharma makes the BIGGEST money out of this)
      Alzheimer- Complex

Tinnitus...
      There are to currently trials going on to treat it (even if its acute stage)
      AM-101
      OTO-311

there are a few medication like
      RL-81 that seems to be promising for the future...

and if tinnitus is all about hearing loss
      there are studies or medication being develop to reverse hearing loss
      or regrow inner hair cells...
      OTO-4XX

so lets say.... that this is the peak in the last 20 or 30 years, there are more studies about tinnitus and its cure, more than ever.
      you can choose to believe that there wont be a cure, or be part of a movement.
      we need to keep pushing.

besides
      there have been reports of people experiencing silence with AM-101
      so is it possible... YES

plus i have read a few cases of spontaneous remission after months, years or decades...
      unlike with alzahaimer, MS or diabetes.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Cillian

Cillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      @Mario martz i would take any of the above any day of the week over T it's the worse symptoms/disease in the world it might not kill you but does that really matter if it destroys your quality of life ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cillian i think diabetes is the least "dangerous"
      cancer can cause death, and you dont wanna be death?
      i prefer T over alzhaimer, MS or parkison.
      to be honest D:

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rid0871

rid0871 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may of 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      had my neck adjusted
      asking does anyone have the off feeling with there eyes? had mine checked there fine but something is off with them its like being on cold meds. it started when my left ear went full and then the T and H

7. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      You might try starting a new thread or posting in a thread relevant for your question.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I agree with some previous posters here: I don't think they ever are going to "cure" it. There are many diseases involving the brain and neurological system -- Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, to name two -- that they have been throwing serious research money at for decades. Still no cure. Sorry, but that's what I believe.

However, I do think we will have treatments and drugs within my lifetime that will help us manage tinnitus much better.

Also, I think scolding people for trying to habituate is just plan silly. Call me crazy, but I'll take what I can get when it comes to trying to help myself and live a better life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      i have a lot of faith on stem cells and marcelo rivolta.
      next year its gonna be great, i can sense it

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    10. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      I think it's wrong to say that they don't even care Parkinson and alzaeihmer how are they going to cure T. Well those 2 diseases are degenerative and progressive. Damages are being done overtime and it won't stop, and we don't know why those damage are happening. You can repair the damages but it will degenerate again. You have to stop the degenerative process and therefore the disease.

Whereas with T when the damages are done that's it. We know where the damages comes from and where they are located. We "just" need to repair the damages.

Alzaeihmer and Parkinson diseases are way more complex than T. If T had the amount of research that those two have I bet it would be cured already. But that's my opinion and I'm no scientist :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      IMHO, science and medicine will have a clearer picture of the root causes of tinnitus, epilepsy, deafness, and other ailments tied to the brain/ear when the entire human brain and the neurons are mapped. Once the problem is fully understood, they (meaning scientists and researchers) will be able to gain a clearer perspective on what exactly is going on and what needs to be done to help regenerate or heal whatever is broken or malfunctioning. Whether this comes in the form of stem cell therapy, "reprogramming" the brain, a medical procedure, or a magic pill I think it is just a matter of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I
      I had an hour long conversation with a woman"cured"of MS through Stemcell therapy on Skype a few weeks back.

She's not fully cured but back living a 95% normal life again.

She showed me videos of her before the treatment and honestly,I burst out crying like a complete bitch right in front of her when I seen it.

It just feels like a miracle when you see these things happening and what people tend to forget is that yes,these things are ACTUALLY happening here and now but for some reason you just never really hear about it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    13. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Actually, I don't think we know that well where the damage is, especially since the prevailing notion is that T is a symptom and not a disease, so there could be many different root causes, all pointing to different types of damage.
      My neurotologist is not able to tell me exactly where my T is coming from, in spite of having confirmed through surgery that I suffer from otosclerosis, but he does provide some "best guess". We can't confirm because there is no non-invasive way to tell. Imaging technology isn't good enough to tell, and opening our cochleas is, well, not recommended.

14. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Bill what kind of Stem Cell treatment did she got?
      Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)
      ???

15. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I think once more accurate diagnostic hearing tests are established like the synaptopathy test things will begin to change.A full thorough test needs to be administered and not these guesstimates that's currently dished out as certainty,an audiogram is a mere fraction of what's going on in there.

They say once hearing is restored the T will go away,the reason they say this is because of simple anecdotal evidence's like wax removal making peoples T go away once hearing was restored or when an ear infection clears up yada yada yada.

Once the underlying cause has been treated then you will see real improvement,I often wonder if people with Stress T or Benzo T also have synaptopathy,that stress and drugs can have an effect on these synapses or auditory nerve but because we can't test them accurately enough we just blame the brain instead?

Ideally an audiological exam in the future would consist of,

-Audiogram from 0-16,000hz but conducted in 50hz increments to detect any damage in between frequencies.

-OAE's and DPOAE's to 16,000hz

-Synaptopathy wave test

-A safer BAR or auditory nerve test

-Middle ear test

Until they do this it's only a guessing game.

16. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Another thought on this matter...

People on this site have tinnitus through different means: noise exposure (like myself), ear infection, sinus infection, neck adjustments, birth defects, side effects of meds, and other reasons I cannot think of at the moment. What is the trigger mechanism for tinnitus for each of these means? It is like taking 10 different routes to get to the same destination. This is the big question and it is all tied to having unfettered knowledge of how the brain truly works.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Not sure Mario,she seen a trial on MS patients being conducted with the use of Stemcells but she was refused entry for various reasons.

She booked herself into a Stemcell clinic and asked them to do the very same procedure on her and it worked,she was on heavy medication before her treatment and now she's on an extremely low amount.
      Before she struggled to get around the house and 6 months after the treatment she was back at work.
      She doesn't say she was"cured"of MS,she's very adamant about this.
      She says it greatly improved her condition and gave her a much better quality of life than before although some of her symptoms still remain albeit mild.
      To me,that's more than anyone can ask for.

• Like Like x 1