Where Can I Find a List of Possibly Ototoxic Medications for Hyperacusis and Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marc22, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      Hi:

I may try this medication called citalopram or celexa. But if I ever do I would like to consult a list of medications that have proved sometimes ototoxic for hyperacusis and tinnitus. Is there such a place on this website or any other?

My father get really really increased tinnitus from taking some med, so that freaked me out pretty well. Now I check out any new med for ototoxicity.

Marco

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Have you tried to google "ototoxic medications"?

3. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      Dear Jiri and Bill Bauer:

Thanks a lot for this info.

Even if this citalopram is not on the list ( I have not read it yet ,just printed it out) I don`t know if I am going to take it . My idiotic doctor has cut my supply of clonazeam in half even if I do NOT get any withdrawals symptoms after I use it to temporarily alleviate my H when it is bad. He says try this other drug instead . I told him it did not work for me. He ignorantly compares other doctors who give out clonazepam to dope peddlers, but he is still giving me some at least. I wish I could rely on the Net that has places in India and such that sell it but I just can`t trust these rogue sites.

I had a setback yesterday (why I do not know) , took 1.5mg of clonazepam and my H was back to a tolerable level for the whole night at least. OK, it`s bad again today, And I am out of pills. So, suffer, Marco! What do we doctors care!? And all this after a good time with the ears for the past month!

Marco

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Another brand name for this is Celexa.

Check out
      https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/celexa/tinnitus/
      Since 1999, only 261 people reported getting T after taking this drug, with 60% of those people taking this drug for longer than 6 months. This doesn't seem Too bad.

You can find a similar report for any other drug, by replacing "celexa" in the URL above with the name of the drug.