Why Am I Getting Bad Spikes?

Discussion in 'Support' started by vaseto99, Aug 27, 2018.

1. vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      Lately, I haven't been exposed to any that much of a loud sounds, but yet every night my tinnitus seems to be getting worse and I don't even know why :(.
      I also currently have my worst episode of depression ever so I don't know maybe that triggers my spikes.

I just don't know anymore, I am literally avoiding loud sounds as much as possible and yet my tinnitus still spikes for some reason ...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Dairy foods definitely spike my tinnitus. I suspect that sugary foods might do this to me too. Lack of sleep is a known cause of spikes.

It is most likely stress, though.

• Like Like x 1
    3. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      If you can't really find a cause that might be the trigger in recent memory then I'd say that you really have to try and rule out that it could be your depression. I know it's a complete bitch to tackle anxiety and depression when tinnitus so easily adds to that, but if you can make steps to improve your mood and well being then you might discover that after possibly several weeks the spikes will reduce and you will be much more in control. Try to do all you can in that time to not let tinnitus bother you, mask it with sounds and keep yourself busy with work or things you enjoy.

Sometimes tinnitus to me feels like the worst reminder that you've got to do more for yourself, it's the worst motivator but in a weird way you can condition yourself to see it as a motivator.

4. Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is probably related to depression...I have similar problems, can't fall asleep because of my T, my T gets higher and it is even harder to fall asleep :(

5. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Probably anxiety to be honest. People who have had it longer than I have say anxiety makes it worse. From my own personal experience I can agree that anxiety does make it worse. If you're on this website, you're probably posting because you're being fueled by anxiety.

Actually, there are some long term members I see are still here that I think would be happier if they stopped posting.