Why Does My Tinnitus Keep Getting Slightly Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Oct 3, 2015.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I've had tinnitus for a month and every time I get into the mindset where I tell my self "Okay. Tinnitus sucks. But I'm kind of getting used to it" and I start doing normal things again my tinnitus slightly gets worse. I either get a tone, or it gets a bit louder. Why is this happening? Will this continue. I would love to take part of the Am101 trails but I'm 17 and I can't do it till I'm 18 on December but by then I will have had tinnitus close to 4 months. (Am101 only allows people who've had it no more than 3 months).
      I was having a good morning. Tinnitus was the same but I wasn't bothering me. But then 1 hour ago my T got a bit louder. This is getting extremely annoying.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I think as the day goes on and we start to get tired and less active we notice it more and can sound louder.
      Tinnitus can get louder and change sound but as you get to know your ear sounds,you get better at dealing with it and know whats coming and have a idea of how long it takes to settle.
      Try to stay calm and strong and show your ears who's the boss and fight back hard to stay happy.....lots of love glynis

3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Tinnitus can go through all kinds of crazy changes in the first few months.

On December 3 you will have had it for 3 months. When is your birthday, in early, mid, or late December? Go ahead and apply, and see if they'll accept you on some kind of exception. I would think they would want younger candidates, considering how many people in your age group are getting afflicted with tinnitus.

You could always claim it started a bit later than it actually did, but that would skew the results, if only ever so slightly.

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Are you taking any drugs including medications?