Will It Get Worse? Will It Get Better?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Illinoise, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Illinoise

Illinoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 7 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Concert
      Hey all, long time lurker but a first time poster.
      My tinnitus started almost 6 months ago from a very loud concert (death grips), with one ear feeling swollen and having a louder ringing than the other. I probably had a quite high probability to get tinnitus, as I got almost no sleep ( probably around 6 hours) the night before, was stuffed up, stressed over school, and then got 5 hours of sleep the next day. I also had hyperacusis for a few months, but I have overcome that. My tinnitus has been a big problem, from me not being able to sleep to me not being able to concentrate in class. My tinnitus has also brought tension in my family, with my mother and sister laughing at me whenever I bring up my annoying problem. Not very helpful, to say the least.

The school that I go to has lots of middle and even grade schoolers sharing the same, cramped hallways that us juniors use, which leads to lots of screaming and yelling, with a usual noise density averaging between 85-95 decibels. A school administrator said that they received tinnitus from these conditions.
      For these reasons, I have started to bring earplugs to school. (My mother and my sister think this is very funny.)

Furthermore, I take melatonin and 50mg zinc almost every night, as well as Ginkgo Biloba (rarely). I also take Vitamin E.

Does anyone think my Tinnitus will go away? I’m getting more anxious as I get closer to the 6 month point (May 7th), and I am getting very anxious and scared.

Furthermore, does anyone have any success stories for noise related tinnitus disappearing? I looked in the success story tab and couldn’t find any :/

Thanks & Much Love,
      Illinoise

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you experienced any improvement over the past 3 months?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Illinoise

Illinoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 7 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Concert
      Yes I have, or at least I think that I have. It has gotten gradually quieter.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Illinoise

Illinoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 7 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Concert
      Thank you for the words of encouragement! I try to stay away from loud noises as well as I can. I have seen that study, and it gives me great hope. Thank You!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Chances are that you will get to a stage where you will be able to hear T only in quiet rooms. Hopefully you will end up getting to the stage where you hear silence in quiet rooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Illinoise

Illinoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 7 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Concert
      I can already hear it only in quiet rooms, let’s hope for silence!

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Over the next year you ought to experience more improvement.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Illinoise

Illinoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 7 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Concert
      That’s Awesome! Thank You!

10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I wrote a post, just for people such as yourself :)

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/will-it-ever-get-better.28153/

• Like Like x 1
    11. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You'll be fine. It will probably either fade to nonexistent, or improve. And worst case scenario, it stays as it is and you will live perfectly fine with it. At the volume you have, and the age that you are, you will habituate in time. Just be careful with your ears from now on. No loud concerts, headphones at a moderate to low level, and not for prolonged periods of time, caution around potential loud noised and you'll be fine.
      Unfortunately tinnitus is something most people don't understand (luckily for them) and there-fore don't have much sympathy. It's not that they don't care they just don't appreciate how hard the initial stages can be.
      Perhaps you could play them a tinnitus sound on youtube that is similar to yours?
      Weather they become more sympathetic or not is irrelevant. As only you can deal with it. But like i say, you will be fine. It's still very early days so you have a great chance of your tinnitus fading.
      Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Illinoise

Illinoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 7 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Concert