Will Loud Noise Worsen Cold-Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by alex96, Jul 11, 2018.

1. alex96

alex96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      So my tinnitus was caused by a cold and fluid retention. I think this was a negative downwards spiral that led to eustachian tube dysfunction/inflammation. Probably worsened by slight TMJ and tight neck and upper back muscles.

I don't think there is any noise related damage. So my question is, will going out to a club, even with 25 dB ear plugs, have any effect on my tinnitus? Obviously don't want to make it any worse. Does anyone here have a similar experience to mine?

Thanks,

Alex

2. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Hey Alex your story of acquiring t sounds just like mine. @alex96 i think it’s best to just avoid clubs altogether since your ears are fragile now. I do wonder too however if loud noises will make my t worse because mine was not noise induced.

3. Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      That’s a tough question to answer. Unfortunately, no one knows for sure. I believe once someone has t, there whole hearing system is compromised, so I wouldn’t take any chances. Even though your t was caused by a cold, you still could have damage done by loud noise over the years, possible leading to t someday. However, if u wear plugs fitted properly, and you don’t stay too long (say 1 hour or so) and you stay away from speakers, you’ll probably be ok. But why chance it. Go to a quiet pub , get a young girl drunk, and bring her to your home to listen to music (at a normal volume). Lol