Woke Up to Screaming Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tweaker, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I've not posted on this forum over the Summer, as I was feeling better about my tinnitus and was trying to avoid reading forums. I had managed to not be anxious over my tinnitus, which has been very loud for a long time now. Felt like I had maybe habituated at last and was feeling happier, even put on an extra few pounds in weight.

But this morning I woke up to screaming tinnitus, like on another level, from another planet. Proper blasting away with extra high pitch sounds and I woke up sweating like I had a fever. The anxiety kicked in really badly and I feel out of sorts today.

Will this torture ever end. Just when I was doing better. Feeling negative and emotional again and then I read about the folk from this forum who have lost their lives. So sad and it makes me feel overwhelmed again. Seems like there is a fine line between feeling ok and feeling helpless. Lasting habituation doesn't feel like a reality or possibility at the moment.

I can only be thankful for having had days where I felt better and hope good days return.

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. MajaC
      Not worthy

MajaC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      fleeting (2012) Chronic (end 2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Birth, hearing loss, hearing trauma
      I try to think about something positive or helping, but I have no tip. I just can say that I understand and that if you need to talk, even if it's just to vent, you can come into mp ok? :)

Take care!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Tweaker ,
      Try not get down hearted and let anxiety take hold.
      You could have a virus in your system or sinuses playing up.
      Try keep relaxing sound on around you and have your ears checked if not settling.
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks guys. Yes I know I need to try to remain positive. As we all know, it aint easy when the noise levels ramp up to extremes. I can't believe how much noise our brains can make.
      If only there was something that could tame this beast. One day hopefully, so that we dont lose more poor souls to this aweful condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Good line!
      I hope that you're setback is a temporary one. Sending good thoughts your way!
      Mike

6. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I woke up to screaming tinnitus in the middle of last night, but was able calm down somewhat, and get back to sleep. I have sleep problems that have something to do with adrenaline and cortisol. I can relate to the other points of your post. Hope you feel better soon.