Woke Up with Left Ear Screaming

Discussion in 'Support' started by amymilly, May 23, 2017.

1. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      I honestly don't even know what's happening To my ears right now.
      2 weeks ago I was like a new person. And now I'm at rock bottom.

Last week I woke up with my most awful increase in my ear. And eventually I think it was slowly going down. Added new tones. And well again. 4 am came. I've been woken up and my ear is screaming loud again. Are these spikes. Please help on advice. Spikes can be this loud?????

It's taken me a week to calm myself from this happening last week. And now my ear is the loudest I've ever heard tinnitus. I haven't a clue what's going on and I haven't now caused any further damage, I rarely leave the house.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I used to frequently wake up with blasting tinnitus. It's awful. I somehow learned to just go back to sleep and the tinnitus would settle down when I woke up again.
      Early on, I needed a benzo to get myself back to sleep, now I have noticed less and less of these spikes. They have also moved from my ears to my head (my tinnitus is for the most part coming from my head and not my ears).
      I must say that sometimes I am in absolute disbelief that this is happening to me, but in spite of that, these night spikes don't really
      bother me anymore... if they didn't go down, well, that would be a whole different ball game.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Mine aren't going down from going back to sleep. It happened last week and I think it took almost a week for it to start to calm and then happened again. This has litterally come from no where. I honestly don't understand and I'm not coping well at all.
      Did yours always calm after going back to sleep??? X

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Had you had any lab tests done recently on the ear that you had perforated? In your first post last year, you said that the doctor said that it would heal in eight weeks. Have you been back to see a doctor since?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Yeah I went to see an ent the beginning of the year. And had an MRI scan why? X

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      That's good that it healed on it's own. I can't sleep tonight, as I'm getting a horrible spike. I guess for many of us, spikes do come from no where.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @amymilly
      Oh OK - mine always go down it seems after I get back to sleep. If I have a nap or wake up prematurely during the night, my tinnitus may be blaring. If not, it's very different to my day tinnitus.
      I have never (touch wood) experienced one of these spikes during the day (unless I had a nap).
      So for me, it's related somehow to sleep and maybe not entering or being woken early out of R.E.M. Sleep....
      how is your sleep at the moment?
      I improved so much when I started taking a very low dose of Remeron / Mirtazapine to help me sleep.
      I hope your ears settle down soon, it's so hard to remain calm at this time. Thinking of you.

8. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had a fleeting T yesterday which became my spike yesterday evening, just wanted to say that even after a good night sleep it was not away but it has subsided eventually today. So sleep does not mean that your T spikes reset to baseline.

How is your T doing now @amymilly ?