Woke Up with Ringing Tinnitus — Later on in the Day Felt Fullness in Ears

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cmp216, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Cmp216

Cmp216 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone,

I am new here. Today I woke up and had ringing in my right ear. I didn’t think anything of it but then throughout the day, I had noticed my ears felt like they had a fullness to them. Also, my ear has been ringing throughout the day. I took to the internet to look at what this could be and everything said tinnitus.

I have had ear ringing before because about 4-6 months ago I was Celexa (antidepressant) and that was a side effect, but it was never like this.

My hearing seems normal, it’s just ringing and fullness in both ears.

Hopefully this can go away by itself. I rarely use headphones and haven’t been to a concert in like 5 years.

I’m only 25 years old and it’s concerning that it could be hearing loss.

2. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Go to a GP and see if you have an ear infection first, I'd go in the morning soon after you wake up if you can. Sometimes it's hard for them to see later in the day. I've had tinnitus for 4 months and it's 90% gone away. I think it'll go completely eventually but it'll take a bit more time. It's at the point now where I don't worry about it. Also yours may get worse in the common days, It usually peaks after 5 days or a week. Try not to stress too hard over it because that just makes it worse. Start taking Magnesium, NAC and Potassium now in the early days if you can. Probably Melatonin too.

3. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey there. Were you able to see a doctor yet or did any of your symptoms subside? I am also your age/having the same issues.

I saw an ENT who suggested Tinnitus which doesn’t worry me as much as the ear pressure I have been experiencing. He told me to use Flonase which I have been and it has not been helping

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I agree you may need to check up with ENT to determine if you have ear infections, wax build up or ear fluids, ETD etc. ENT can also check if you have hearing loss.

You mention that you haven't gone to concert in years, but tinnitus can be caused by many other causes besides acoustic trauma from loud noise exposure.

There are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube disorder or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme Disease & Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, anemia, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, acoustic neuroma tumor, head injury or TBI, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss from aging or other causes, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from rapid pressure changes in flights or diving, especially with congested nose or sinus causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief, untreated sleep apnea, extreme/extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, depression, sleep deprivation, etc. Tinnitus can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol, gluten etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc.

It is a good idea for an ENT to check first to see if there are some problems in the ears before worrying about other more complicated issues.

Good luck. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    5. bobthebuilder
      No Mood

bobthebuilder Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      amitriptyline, hidden hearing loss, whiplash (?), stress (?)
      @billie48 that may be the most comprehensive list of contributing factors / potential causes I've ever seen. Thanks for compiling.

@Cmp216 go get a prescription for prednisone IMMEDIATELY. Who knows what the real cause is, but for some people, there is a 5-10 day window in which the tinnitus can be treated with a course of prednisone before it becomes permanent. Demand your doctor for a prescription immediately; if he declines, find another doctor willing. You don't want to regret not having tried it.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks bobthebuilder. And there are more causes than some common ones listed. That is why I stated "including but not limited to...". This is also one of the reasons that finding a 'cure-all' tinnitus treatment is so hard because there are so many possible causes of tinnitus. Sigh!

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      I have explained the correct way to use a nasal spray a number of times here. So again if I may explain the way to use the spray, because 99% of doctors, ENTs and the like won't tell because they don't know.

This is the way.

Standing look down to the floor head bent downward, put the sprayer into the affected nostril. Slightly turn the sprayer towards the ear, the eustachian tube spray one time do not sniff the spray as it will just bypass the eustachian tube, breathe in normally, with your head at this time looking forward.

• Helpful Helpful x 1