Worsening of Tinnitus After Migraine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Grace Roberts, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Grace Roberts
      Fine

Grace Roberts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Teenage years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent ear infections and trauma.
      Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and I've suffered from tinnitus for many years. However, after a recent attack of migraine and taking Ibuprofen and Paracetamol for the pain, my tinnitus has become louder and much more intrusive, especialy at night. I've also noticed pulsatile tinnitus as well.
      It's driving me barmy and I don't know what to do about it. Even 'ambient sounds' app on my iPad doesn't seem to help.

Anyway, I'm happy I've found this forum and I hope to get lots of information and advice.

Thanks...

Grace

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Wellcome grace Roberts .... Sorry to here about your worsening tinnitus. You will adapt to it but it takes time. Looking forward to chatting with you.

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Ibuprofen is considered bad for t, especially in repeated high doses.
      If your t is going pulsatile, start thinking about an ultrasound of the neck arteries and an mra.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace Roberts
      Fine

Grace Roberts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Teenage years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent ear infections and trauma.
      Thank you, Richard and 'Undecided'.
      What would an ultrasound or MRA scan be looking for exactly. It sounds a bit serious. Would it be hardening of the arteries or something similar?

5. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      The ultrasound might show hardening or irregular blow flow in the carotid or other neck arteries.
      Sometimes, these issues might cause audible blood flow turbulence within those arteries. A problem that can be corrected with some solid exercising, diet and a little patience.
      The mra could be used as a diagnostic tool for all the arteries that supply blood to the brain. If one of those arteries is starting to twist or maybe is constricted by surrounding tissue or touching nerves at the base of the skull, one might get pulsatile tinnitus. Such cases may also be treatable, but hard to diagnose.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome. If you are not sure you have pulsatile tinnitus, perhaps you can message @Karen as she has PT and is like the resident expert on TT for this type of tinnitus.

For masking, perhaps try some high pitch nature sounds, such as heavy rain, waves, waterfalls, cicadas etc. TT should have offered you those masking sounds when you register as a new member. If you don't have it, here is the link to the audio player and this TT thread also contains step by step instructions on what to do. Take care & God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/ (the icons on the left side give you instructions step by step)