Writing on behalf of my mother in Argentina

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eva, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Eva

Eva Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello,

My name is Eva and I am writing on behalf of my mother, Raquel, who has tinittus since 1995. She lives in Argentina and she wants to know what she can do on terms of alternative treatments, diet, exercise to help her with her problem.

She asked me to look this up for her and I signed up in this forum but there's so much information that I don't know where to start. Could you direct me to some 101 threads and must-read?

She's taking an homephatic remedy, fosforus 1000.

Also, does anyone know of a forum like this in Spanish language? She doesn't speak english.

Thank you very much!

Eva

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Eva, and welcome!

Right now, we don't have one central place to look for the supplements that many of us take. So, here is a list of some of the most common ones that work:

Magnesium - I take magnesium chloride tablets, because they don't cause diarrhea/bowel problems.
      B vitamins - Many people benefit from taking a B complex vitamin tablet once per day, especially one containing B-12.
      Niacin - Several people have had success with niacin.
      COQ10
      Fish oil
      Gingko biloba - For some people, it works; for some, it does nothing.

Diet: Cut back caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and (for some people), foods with high gluten content.
      Restrict smoking.

Exercise: Moderate exercise can work wonders for some of us; it works well for me. Just getting outside and walking for 30 minutes can make a difference. Also, yoga and meditation can be helpful and calming.

For calming and sleep: Try chamomile tea, or melatonin, or valerian root.

I hope this is helpful to you, and other members may have addition suggestions.

Thank you for helping your mother; I know she will appreciate it!

Best wishes,
      Karen

3. VelvetFont

VelvetFont Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      HI @Eva , blasting Charly García out of my speakers at full volume probably contributed to my T so best regards to Argentina from the US East Coast.

Here is a link in Spanish. It doesn't say anything new, but hopefully it will be a bit helpful. Zumbido de oídos (tinnitus) - Netdoctor.es

4. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      hola eva.

espanol hay un foro q se llama acufenos.org. es l mejor en nuestro idioma. ahora, el mejor del mundo es tinnitus talk.

saludos

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eva

Eva Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello all,

Thank you for your help. I found this forum yesterday after my mom call me in a desperate state, saying she couldn't take the sounds anymore and that she had found a book on the internet (Miracle for T.) that she wanted me to buy. I found the book suspicious and did a bit of research and found this forum. I believe that support forums are the way tto go and one of those jewels we have these days thanks to the internet. I wasn't wrong. Thanks a lot!

Karen: Thank you for the breakdown. I will translate this and send it to my mom.

VelvetFont: Thank you to you too for the link. I will check it out and send it to my mom.

Eping3m: Gracias tambien. Ayer justamente, despues de postear aca me puse a hacer un poco de google search y encontre este link. Voy a seguir investigando aca de todos modos.

Best,

Eva

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eva

Eva Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Epin3m: Quize decir, encontre ese foro (el de acufenos.org) Yo sere investigando en este, pero para mi mama le va aservir tener un foro de apoyo en castellano tambien. gracias!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eva

Eva Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Karen: Can you specify the doses you take? I am planning on buying these for my mom and send it to her. Thanks!

Eva

8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Eva, I replied on the "Supplements" post.