Yes You Can Recover from Tinnitus & Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by RFM, Jan 10, 2016.

1. RFM

RFM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - Inner Ear Trauma
      Hello All,
      My story began 8 months ago , I had 2 bad things happening within the same week.
      I had an accident and my chin was hit ; I felt pain in my jaw and in the area below my ear for 1 week where I can not eat laugh or talk.
      After this accident my friends decided to take me for a shooting trip to help me change my mood.
      We went for the desert for an outdoor shooting , No body wore ear protection nor plugs that day, and for me the first shot I did from my shotgun felt weird like a knife hitting my left ear and it hurt me a lot , I was very stupid and I thought it is normal, I continued shooting like nothing happened, No body got affected that day except me , They all went back to their normal life , they are even still going out shooting every now and then and they never used protection.

Maybe my ears were very sensitive or maybe the accident that happened to me before has lead to this.

My ears started whooshing and making strange sounds ,Went back to my home , rested and went the other day for work like nothing happened. The first week after this was very normal and I didn't notice anything.

After 1 week strange symptoms started,I started having numbness in my left side of face and ear; associated with weird noise that I then realized it has a name called tinnitus (The unwanted guest).

Day after day the symptoms went bad , I started getting sensitive to any sounds , I may also developed hyperacusis or sound sensitivity but no body did an assessment for me or a test for that because in my country no body knows about these things .

my ear cracked when I swallow , my face and ear felt weird most of the time , I started hearing my neck cracking when I move, my T screamed when I eat or move my jaw , there was some weird feeling when I talk like something is moving inside me ear , sounds used to hit my ear like echo but inside my ear.

Hot showers were a relief for me but sometimes the sound of water in the shower hurt me.
      My situation went bad that I started getting panic attacks , I was very stressed and I feared the unknown , I cried, I did not know if I can survive this or not , I almost forgot how to breathe, I could not set with my family on a dinning table , keys , brakes, horns, I could not tolerate a lot of sounds.

They say bad things come together in one package , Things went crazy for me at work and I could not take it anymore , I thought of resigning many times.

But there was some hope inside me saying that everything will be fine, My mom , Sister and GF kept on motivating me when I was down , all of them were beside me.
      I did not believe in being positive I just believed I need a miracle , one of the bad things that irritated me and made my situation worse was ; internet forums and the negativity people are spreading , like " Once you get T or H you will not improve , " This is the end" , Even doctors or professional articles writing some negative things.

I realized that a lot of people suffered from the same situation and their symptons improved , Healed and 100% recovered and left these forums and continued with their life without even thinking about others and how their story could change a life of a sufferer , I do not blame them , once you escape this bad dream the only thing that you will need is to forget about it , even writing this post for me made me remember those bad moments , months and days.

The amazing thing now is that I'm a stronger person now and I will be overcome everything.

Upon investigation I found that you need to be deep specialized in T/H in order to give opinions , some ENTs spend most of their life without dealing with any H/T patients , and once they do they will say ,this creepy sentence that there is no cure for this or you must learn to live with it or adapt, or answer you that they do not no or even have a clue about whats really happening.

For me my hearing tests were perfect I did almost 5 tests , First ENT said my condition will improve by its own and prescribe Ginko Bioble as a supplement , Went for a second opinion as I was afraid that there might be something that can be done and I might lose my chance in case time moves , this second one knew nothing about this, first he gave me Betaserc then when my sensitivity spiked for no reason he prescribed antibiotics , steroids , ear drops , antihistamine and multi vitamins. My stomach almost exploded.

I did MRI, CTScan and CTA and nothing was detected , Thanks to God everything was perfect in terms of these investigations.

I was referred to a neurologists who examined me and said you will improve but we need to make you more relaxed as he found that I have high anxiety and stress. He was right , even before this incident I used to consider my self a person with high anxiety and stress.

I took some kind of relaxing pills that helped me through my days for 1 or 2 months but then I realized that I must be strong and I must face everything and it will be better if I recovered without depending on these pills.

I kept on searching and reading , I read studies , cases with more 100 page for each , I went deep and deep and started knowing what really is going on.

I thought I give it a try and visit this old doctor , this is the 4th doctor he was an ENT specialized in nerves and hearing , he had another 2 sub specialties regarding Ear,Nose and Throat along with being an ENT doctor.
      He examined me and did a more accurate hearing test and relieved me saying that my condition will improve , He said everybody will improve just do not over protect your ears , He prescribed a medicine called trivestal retard 50mg.

it is a great medicine that helped me at some point , I heard testimonials that it helped a lot of T sufferers especially the ones who did not have their T from noise exposures.
      The mechanism of work for this medicine is to strengthen the circulation in your head and ears.
      Because they say the recovery is very slow when it comes to ears because there are no enough blood supplies and circulation near that area.
      This medicine must be prescribed by a doctor and people who have heart and pulse problems are forbidden to take it.

Honestly speaking symptoms improved a lot but unfortunately I relapsed and I kept on having relapses and set backs for about 2 months and a half , I started feeling pressure in my ears , tinnitus starting sounding weird there was some hot feeling coming from my ear its like fire coming out of my left ear. even my face felt like I had an electricity shot. I could not hear TV or Music , The crazy thing was turning on the stereo on my car , it felt like the music coming from once speaker only (The right one) and the left ear kept on pulsing , my ears were very sensitive making my eyes pouring tears for no reason.

I took the Trivestal for almost 4 months , it has some weird side effects but compared with what I was suffering , it is nothing to mention.
      I changed my whole life style , I started going to the gym at 5:00 AM because I could not tolerate any sounds specially on rush hours.
      I started eating well because I lost my appetite , I almost lost 12 Killos when all of this happened.

I started doing Yoga , energy healing ,rekie , Ti Chi (but did not go too far like crazy people), I started thinking positive , I change my diet , stopped drinking alcohol , started drinking Hemp milk,Almond and Coconut. I gained the kilos and muscles that I have lost , I'm feeling fresh , T/H almost vanished, I can not hear my T most of the time and my sensitivity is almost vanished , there are some noises I can not tolerate yet but this is ok ,I can say now that I'm almost 90% recovered and healed.

I went back to my social drinking habit , I now go to Bars and restaurants , I do not prefer loud places where there are a music and noise, Sometimes I feel annoyed at work from other noisy colleagues smacking doors and using a loud ring tones on their mobile , I still do not feel comfortable walking in busy streets.
      But I'm sure by time passes I will recover 100% and will be the same as before , but with a new me from inside a better person who thinks in a different way, I learned a lot from this lesson , I learned that I must live the most and the best of my life.
      I changed a lot everybody that knew me say this , the way I think , the way I react everything.
      No more stress no more bad thoughts , I started reading books working on my knowledge and skills.

There is a guy who's called Kevin Barry , he is an inspirational guy who faced a very similar situation he wrote his story to the Irish times , he's now 100% recovered he even mentioned that he goes to clubs,stadiums and concerts again , he started doing traditional Chi Kung and his life changed and was healed and cured. You may think these stuff are stupid or even full of lies, but at the time you enroll your self you will feel the difference.
      http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/my-life-was-a-war-against-noise-1.517024
      http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/community/forums/tinnitus.aspx?g=posts&t=7981

Also this guy is an amazing influencer and do some inspirational talks.
      How to Heal Yourself (MUST WATCH!!) | Joshua...

by doing researches you can find a lot of help full articles and videos.

My Advise to you is the below:
      - Avoid any other noise exposures for at least 1 year , I know it is difficult but avoid loud concerts,clubs and parties, consider yourself on a break from everything crazy.
      - Eat well , eat good , exercise also and do a diet full of antioxidants.
      - Get busy with your life and avoid quite places, get tired , go out , work , read , meet people.
      Once you stop caring and listing for your T , your brain will lower the volume and recover.
      Do not over protect your ears , only use the ear plugs when necessary in loud places and environments
      - Believe in your self , Hang in there , You will recover , You will be better , Cheer up and stay positive.
      - Science has changed a lot recently and they will find the cure very soon , I'm more than sure but do not rely on this , change yourself , change your life and you will be cured, healed and recovered.

Sometimes I have bad days , My ear hurts or my T or any other thing , but I stay sure that tomorrow is a better day and it is always do.

I'm sorry if I made you read a lot , but this is the only way I can give you an understanding of what I was going through.

Feel free to reach me out or reply here , and I will be pleased to answer when I can.

Best Wishes , Love and Peace.
      RFM

• Like x 35
      • Optimistic x 12
      • Agree x 6
      • Winner x 5
      • Hug x 4
      • Genius x 2
      • Helpful x 1
      • Funny x 1
    2. Just wow, thank you for letting us know how your life changed, I wish you all the best :)

• Like Like x 1
    3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      This is the best "success story" I have ever read on this forum. The video is wonderful too. Thank you for your generosity to share it with us.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      @RFM which diet would you recommend, ketonic ? Candida diet? What does ur diet look like? i would really appreciate more details about that

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RFM

RFM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - Inner Ear Trauma
      @Zora Well nothing specific I started eating Broccoli , Avocado , Sweet Potato , Almond milk, Coconuts , Pineapples I even went crazy and obsessed over Pineapples as I have read an article saying some amazing stuff about this fruit and how it is responsible for renewing body nerves and cells.
      Also I got rid of white sugar from my diet , sometimes I eat chocolate but I never put white sugar with everyday tea.
      What made me feel comfortable and relaxed was putting a small towel in moderate hot water and then put it near my ear and jaw (Not too hot , please do not burn your self), I sued to do this every now and then , Also I cut the alcohol for 5 months then return after that to my usual consumption which was moderate most of the time , So nothing specific or particular.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      This is a great proof of recovery and success story :)