Zoloft / Lexapro — Scared to Take, Really Need It, Advice Please

Discussion in 'Support' started by Barry33, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Barry33

Barry33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've long suffered from anxiety and depression before getting tinnitus a few weeks ago. It's been a nightmare since.

My PCP prescribed me both Zoloft and Lexapro (I can choose which I want to take) and Xanax for bad emergencies. Reading all the stuff on Tinnitus Talk and on Google in general makes me very scared to take it. But I really need to for my anxiety.

I know results are different for everyone but is it worth the chance? Really need good advice please... The bottles are just sitting there.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I was prescribed Lexapro after onset. Got the pills from the pharmacy after my doctor told me there wasn't any side effects (that already raised a red flag for me).

Then I got home and researched this drug (as well as other ADs) and decided I had enough of one nightmarish symptom to deal with.

So I decided not to take it.

Note that this isn't medical advice, it's a personal choice: I'm sure Lexapro can help some people (I remember reading posts where people claimed it "saved their life"), but I didn't think it was the right choice for me so I didn't take it. Perhaps it would have helped me, who knows.