2020 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Born To Slay, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Thank you, Daniel, that means a lot. Your compassion and friendly nature is epitomised on this forum.

• Like Like x 3
    2. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      He’s a jerk.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Oh boy. Inflation data is just terrifying... and these are data with cooked inflation. If they gave the real numbers, stock markets would fall 15% just today.

4. Paul1980

Paul1980 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, prescription drugs
      No idea who you are referring to or what you are talking about. You must have been talking to someone else. Look at your posts and replies.

I wish I was way of out of line.

5. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      As we have come to expect from him, Biden failed again - this time at the Summit of the Americas.''

Biden seeks unity, finds discord at Summit of the Americas
      June 10, 2022

LOS ANGELES (AP) — President Joe Biden tried to present a unifying vision for the Western Hemisphere on Thursday but the Summit of the Americas quickly spilled into open discord, a telling illustration of the difficulties of bringing together North and South America around shared goals on migration, the economy and climate.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...ics-business-6c477ae1abaab57acf9f1f211b429f6a

• Informative Informative x 2
    6. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Can’t tell if serious or trolling at this point. You replied to Ed’s post (about his dad not doing too well) in a very disrespectful manner. You wrote “you are joking” as a reply. Ed was kind enough to expand more on the difficulties he and his family are currently dealing with, which he didn’t have to, while you have yet to elaborate on what you meant by “you are joking”. So we’re all wondering WTF is wrong with you?

I thought maybe your reply was aimed more towards his comments about the current state of NHS and paying taxes, but that might not be the case with you. You even left a funny reaction in his post.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I couldn’t tell what he meant either because I initially interpreted the “you are joking” comment as “I can’t believe it’s that bad. That’s shocking” kind of thing. But then I saw the laughing emoji and figured that can’t be what he meant which is why I asked him.

The last two years have been torturous. It’s probably why I mainly use this site for debate nowadays to take my mind off other things. I only posted about my dad because of what Greg said about the elderly being neglected. I figured it was relevant and my post yesterday was an update on the situation.

• Hug Hug x 4
    8. Paul1980

Paul1980 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nope. I was referring to your video showing a woman who got a scrape from a 16-year-old driving a car.

I have no idea what else you are referring to. I wouldn't talk about someone's dad. My father just passed, he was 94 and had dementia. I have mentioned him on here before. I have mentioned how I helped, however so slightly, to care for him. I have mentioned him in reference to people on here saying Biden has dementia. I have mentioned how I don't think it is nice to say that someone has that, when they clearly do not. So I am in no position to talk disrespectfully about anyone's family. You should know better. Remember I have tinnitus.

I will say I don't understand some people on here who complain about others using the poorly designed, for-profit health system in this country. I will never know how some people, especially given the disease we have, a disease which no one really understands but the person who has it, can complain about another person's situation, and the only evidence they seem to have is they saw them doing something, wearing some kind of clothing, or driving a fancy car. Casting dispersions without first hand knowledge of that person's story. So yes, if you want me to complain about that, then here it is.

But I want to thank you. I don't need some of the conversations on here, and I don't need to be accused of slighting someone when I didn't. Or maybe you need to get off your soapbox.

9. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      FYI the post you quoted was not mine, hence the confusion. Look at the post you were quoting. If it was directed at me, then there’s a big misunderstanding here.

10. Paul1980

Paul1980 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ZFire, I ignored you. No idea what you are saying.

LIke I said about several people on here, Trump lovers or not, people that make fun of dementia, people that call other people punks, having no idea who these people are in person, ignored.

People who have nothing to add for someone suffering tinnitus. Ignored. People who say take invermectin, ignored. People who attribute me to things I didn't say. Ignored. Not worth my time. Shame on you.

11. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I told you Paul ignored everyone haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Fregoli delusion is a complicated syndrome in which the individual suffering from this condition feels or thinks that a single person is replicating multiple personalities or disguises. For the same reason, it is called "delusion of the doubles," meaning that a single person is seen as different people who change their appearance or in several disguises. Two different people are seen as the same person. When they disagree with one, they will direct insult to another thinking they are the same person.

Fregoli delusion, and Capgras delusion, may be due to multiple reasons like a traumatic brain injury or an increase in L-Dopa (Levodopa) hormone from use of certain neuro prescription drugs.

• Informative Informative x 3
    13. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      518CAD43-D117-4CCC-A601-44C7FA6A1D43.gif

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A man with dementia, or simply very slow and confused, should not be the POTUS. Biden will be 80 years old this year and if anything should happen to him, Kamala Harris will become president.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

Here is his latest blunder.

Fact check: Biden falsely claims US has 'fastest-growing economy in the world'

In a Wednesday appearance on the ABC late-night show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!," President Joe Biden made a dramatic claim about the US economy -- and repeated himself for emphasis.

"Look, here's where we are. We have the fastest-growing economy in the world. The world. The world," Biden said.

Facts First: Biden's claim is false. The US economy grew by 5.7% in 2021, but more than 50 other countries had faster growth that year, figures published by the International Monetary Fund show; many of them are small or developing countries, but some of them are large or wealthy. In addition, the US economy shrank in the first quarter of 2022, while various other countries experienced growth. And while economic experts expect the US economy to resume growing over the rest of this year, a significant number of other countries are expected to grow faster.

Asked for comment on Friday, a White House official did not attempt to specifically defend Biden's claim that the US has the fastest-growing economy in the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/poli...stest-growing-economy-jimmy-kimmel/index.html

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      That’s crazy. I didn’t know that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The economy tanked 1.5% in the first quarter of 2022. The forecast was revised to 2.9% for 2022.

I did the calculations and I see only 2.5% growth for 2022.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      But none of this explains why you laughed at my post and asked if I was joking.

You said you were talking to @ZFire, but that doesn’t make any sense as you quoted my post. I have to question whether you’re just trolling at this point.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      With placement of ID into social media, same issue appears with same confusion and actions. Philip Seymour Hoffman played this subject in two of his movies. Many movies and TV series have this incorporated in plots, including Criminal Minds and Star Wars. Also many books where a character has this. A famous Kiss band poster and meaning is known.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    19. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I think it is likely the FED will raise interest rates this week by 75 basic points.

Biden needs to stop inflation no matter what...

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Which movies?

He was a great actor.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Synecdoche is one.

Back in 1993, all employees were required to take a two week daily course with no homework.

Nine of us were required to take a full day four week course with hours of homework and written exams. For us, we had a one day review class every two years with written exam.

Like so many other things that can relate to tinnitus, we saw several with a previous brain injury, where then use of a medication for anxiety caused these conditions.

Never place blame, as a family member could had accidentally dropped a baby causing brain injury. When family may have encouraged a treatment, never place blame.

• Informative Informative x 1
    22. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The New York Times: Should Biden Run in 2024? Democratic Whispers of ‘No’ start to Rise.
      I have my issues with Biden as president but who could even replace him? Seriously, I can’t think of anyone. Not to mention all the issues plaguing Biden would still affect his replacement, probably even more so if the Democrats lose the House or Senate in the upcoming midterms. All the Democrats have going for them is the power of incumbency in 2024. With the Republicans, it’s a completely different story. Ron DeSantis is primed to take the lead if Trump falters and it seems like the whole Republican party is building a new generation of candidates.

I want Andrew Yang to be the guy for Democrats, but he’s been cast aside

• Like Like x 2
    23. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why does Biden eat ice-cream on the White House lawn?

This must be causing the S&P Global 100 Index Futures along with all US futures to be down really big Sunday night. What other reason could it possibly be? :dohanimation:

• Good Question Good Question x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    24. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Ryanair crews are going on strike this June.

And Easyjet is cancelling flights:

EasyJet trims June flight schedule in effort to avoid further airport chaos

Low-cost carrier makes ‘pre-emptive cancellations’ of about 40 flights a day to ensure no repeat of half-term disruption

People are starting to strike to defend their salaries in the face of rampant inflation. This is the reaction to central bankers who have been neglecting their jobs and ignoring all data till it was too late.

25. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
    26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Same thing is happening with train drivers in this country.

27. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      It is normal to see people striking when inflation is out of control and wages are falling behind, while central banks do nothing to tackle inflation.

28. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did you vote for Joe Biden? Are you under the impression that he is doing a good job? You are in the minority if the second answer is yes.

Biden’s approval poll sinks below Trump
      Approval ratings make public’s perceptions of ruling party in Washington clear

President ]Joe Biden’s approval ratings hit a new low on Monday and touched 39.7 per cent, worse than his predecessor Donald Trump’s ratings at this point in 2018, according to a new poll.

The poll conducted by fivethirytyeight has found that after 510 days in office, the president faces a disproval rating of 53.7 per cent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...approval-rating-rcp-today-trump-b2100366.html

29. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
    30. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes