A Night Filled with Intense Ear Pain and Some Sort of (Conductive?) Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mila9828, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      I think I might have a conductive hearing loss.

For the last 2 weeks I’ve been struggling to properly “hear” however, my audiogram shows normal hearing (especially for my age, I’m 21). I’m going to insert my audiogram:

upload_2019-11-3_8-25-18.png

My ears are in intense pain all the time and they almost feel numb. While I hear clearly everything sounds like it’s coming from an external source. When I yawn my ears almost can’t feel that I’m yawning from the inside, and recently I’ve started to have speech comprehension issues. I had a speech in noise test done at the audiologist and it came back fine but I still struggle. In noisy environments too many people are talking at once and it overwhelms me. The top part of my ear canal hurts all the time and it just doesn’t even feel like I’m hearing out of my own ears anymore. I’m tired of this pain and miss hearing myself clearly and loudly. Everything is much quieter now across all frequencies. I also woke up in the middle of the night with intense pain and thought I had earplugs in but I didn’t. If anyone has had similar symptoms please tell me what to do. It’s almost unbearable to listen to anyone at this point because of how damaged my hearing feels. I don’t want anymore pain.

Attached Files:

2. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Sorry for your ear pain. I'm just starting to feel I'm suffering from hearing loss that I didn't have before. See my thread I've just started in this forum.

How long ago was your hearing test? Could you go back and ask for another one?