A REAL Tinnitus Success Story as Told to Me by a Relative (Not Clickbait!)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Beep Boop Bop, Oct 26, 2021.

1. chinup

chinup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I’m in the same boat. I was so hesitant to get the vax for this exact reason and the worst outcome imaginable happened to me. Regret it every single day, my tinnitus went from a single soft 4K tone with occasional crickets to 10+ tones all the way up and down the spectrum. Insane.

Fortunately it has reduced in volume and only really bothers me in quiet rooms or at night. Hoping it just goes away in a few years…

My main issue right now is the moderate hyperacusis which I can’t seem to heal from. Pushing 3 years this April.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Glad to hear it has reduced in volume for you.

I think I could deal with the ordinary tones I have. Its the loud thudding pulsatile tinnitus which is the problem for me. Still only 8 weeks or so into this so very early days. I know from experience this could take years to resolve.

And yes I will regret taking the vaccine for the rest of my days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. jc canedo

jc canedo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive use of headphones maybe
      I hope so, I can assure you that I received tinnitus from listening to music too loud for weeks in a row (while I was in my online classes) in 2020, so it would be acoustic trauma. The success stories I have read here are similar, that the tinnitus goes away after several months. I have seen two stories that it goes away after two years, (in 5 months my tinnitus will be two years old), so I have hope that it goes away suddenly. If it stays for years, I would only ask that it stay as it is now (mild).

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. DimLeb

DimLeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic Cochleopathy or Maybe Loud Music
      @jc canedo, yeah that sounds like it, but I'm still suspicious of how easily we can just blame headphones and such. Almost everyone uses them, but still the % of those who get tinnitus (and other hearing disorders) is very low.

I've been a musician/music producer for over a decade now, and I used all kinds of headphones, speakers, I played live gigs, I listened to loud music in the car etc. Anything loud one can experience. But still, I didn't get tinnitus from any of that stuff. Instead, I got it like 1 year in at the COVID-19 quarantine and staying at home somehow.

I don't know if the mild exposure at my room making/listening to music at low-medium volumes was the straw that broke the camel's back, but my (thank god mild) tinnitus + TTTS just came on suddenly without any trauma-like event.

Anyway, let's hope it will gradually go away for us or just stay at manageable level! Or finally any effective treatments come about!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. jc canedo

jc canedo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive use of headphones maybe
      I agree with you, someone can develop tinnitus without any apparent cause but since most of us use headphones, we thought that was the reason. Years of listening to music but just in isolation I present this condition, I think it has something to do with it.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beep Boop Bop
      Sad

Beep Boop Bop Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      That's infuriating, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this for the second time. Thank you for sharing though, I'm glad to hear it went away for you after so long. I'm nearly 9 months in to this nightmare and am starting to lose hope. Mine was caused by acoustic trauma from headphones, but I often wonder if the Pfizer vaccine contributed in some way as well, possibly inflaming my system and causing me to be more susceptible to damage. I got the vaccine four days before the noise trauma, and the tinnitus started two days after that.

7. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      To rub salt in my wounds I only got jabbed at the end of November. Now we see the pandemic is almost over. Yet myself and others will be left to deal with this for an unknown period.

I wish you well. 9 months is not that long in tinnitus terms. There is still a very good chance you’ll pull through this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beep Boop Bop
      Sad

Beep Boop Bop Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      This condition is seriously brutal, between the noise itself, the regret, and the fear of it worsening. It's physically and mentally exhausting. I hope it gets better for you, and I pray we'll see some effective treatments in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Kay Cee

Kay Cee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown perhaps sinus and allergies
      Why the steroids please? Don't they make you more nervous and stressed I am confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yeah I would avoid steroids. I wrote that post over a year ago.

• Agree Agree x 1