A Recurrence of Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by linearb, Oct 24, 2015.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For the past several weeks, I've had a worsening and recurrence of a chronic pain condition that's been dormant for a decade, since before I had bad T, and its made me realize that I was completely out to lunch every time I have said "I'd rather be in pain than have t".

My constant 14khz friend is loud as ever, if anything louder because of assorted drugs that are failing to really control the pain, and I haven't been thinking about it at all.

Be well, everyone.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Linearb,
      Is it joint pain and what are you taking ?
      I get some relief using my tens machine but can't wait till next month when get some steroid injections in my arm as killing me.

I was on Tramadol for years due to knee problems but had operations on them both to clean them out and have my knees repositioned and muscles cut and walked with sticks for years.
      It was horrible coming off Tramadol and the doctor knows I don't want take any meds like that again so I use my tens from physio med.
      I can't take anti inflammatory meds as my asthma reacts badly to them so injections are needed.
      I hope your pain settles down soon for you and hope your tinnitus does too ....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I have horrible chronic pain but I prefer that to T. I hope you get some relief soon.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      constant genital/urethral pain, pain while urinating, sex is difficult and painful. It could be bacterial, doesn't seem likely, could be 'chronic pelvic pain syndrome' which I have experienced in the past. Doctors so far sympathetic but not incredibly helpful. Onset was at the same time that I'd taken Trobalt for a couple days, but it's pretty hard to say what, if anything, that has to do with it.

I'm doing PT and trying like hell not to take Valium more than once a week, because if I solve the pelvic probs but end up hooked on benzos again that will be even worse. Valium is not a panacea but does make it a lot more tolerable for 6-12 hours.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try cranberry tablets see if it helps ....lots of love glynis

6. Sleaford Mod

Sleaford Mod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2005
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      happy to say that this is all much improved, and that having gotten through this experience has made me feel, at least for the moment, that tinnitus isn't that big a deal in comparison. I'd say I'm thinking about it 50-75% less than I was in the weeks leading up to my pain relapse.

• Like Like x 1