A Thought on Pitch

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sven, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Right now I feel as if my tinnitus has a higher frequency than it's had the last few years. How can tinnitus worsen? We know that it can get louder, but we also know that it can change in frequency. Does that mean that it's theoretically possible to damage the cells so that the frequency is higher than we can hear?

It's mostly a rhetorical question, since I think it's probably most common that there are several different pitches at work at the same time.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Always worth checking it out..
      Hearing test etc.
      Love glynis

3. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Have you changed certain medications OTC or prescription in the last year or so?

I noticed throughout the years that certain generic medications affect that "pitch" noise. But, it happened when the pharmacy changed generic companies. I found that the additives and different fillers used affected the medication in my system.

I will also experience this with different preservatives in foods or wine.

Not a big deal thing but just something I have noticed with my personal experiences.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      @Starthrower I was about to write "no", but since three days I'm on sertralin, 25 mg, just to see if it somehow can affect me to the better.