About Inconspicuous Earplugs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asian, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Hi guys! I was wondering if there are any earplugs available out there that would fit in my ears a little deep inside and nobody could see them. I dont want random people to come and ask me every now and then why i am wearing the plugs and they should be hidden inside my ears whenever i am clubbing or partying and there is music. Where can i get such earplugs? I have those regular foam ones and they are easily visible. Any particular brand anybody can suggest? Can i get it customized by an audiologist? Thanks

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      There are many threads on earplugs. One of the most discrete plugs I've seen and the ones I often use are Downbeats. Cheap and available on amazon. They have an NRR rating of 18, so they are acceptable for many situations. With that said, I'd look for something stronger such as custom ones for really loud places like clubs. Another option are Earasers. They look even more discrete, but I don't know the attenuation levels so they may offer even less protection. Whatever you go with though, make sure to test them before committing to a full night of loud noise to make sure they are up to the job.

3. UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      3M clearEAR plugs. I've just ordered a pair from Amazon and although they have not arrived they are 'virtually invisible when fitted'. Pretty good reviews although one or two people had trouble getting them out again.

Look them up.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Boots chemist clear noise reduction ear plugs are great and can hardly see them .. lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      • Like Like x 1