Advice on Medication / Therapies, etc etc.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamclem, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Jamclem
      Fine

Jamclem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flying then Sport (Probs)
      Hello everyone just wondering if you recommend any medication, therapies or further diagnostic in my situation?

I have had T for 2 years (due to either flying or gym) but then last month it changed since doing excessive push ups :cat:. It used to be just in one ear but now it is somewhat more noticeable in both ears but left ear is quieter. My hearing is also more sensitive and it is often pulsatile in the original ear. I went for a MRT and there was nothing found. ENT doctor prescribed me anti depressives and Ginko Biloba but no other medication. I do suspect nerves on my neck have triggered it and I often get shooting pains (like a trapped nerve feeling ) on the right side of my throat so I going to go to physiotherapy.

Anyways I would really be interested if any of you lovely people have any advice about this or suggestions on medication or therapy?

:thankyousign:

Cheers :)

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could be Pulsitile tinnitus is due to increased heart rate when doing the gym because you could be picking up your pulse from your Carotid artery....lots of love glynis

3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I truly wish I knew the answer for you. With me its been trial and error and right now I have a med that has decreased the increase I had from taking another drug and I don't think that would help you. Some people have said that a supplement called Vinpocetine has helped them while others said it does nothing. Maybe you could look into it and see if you might think it would help the kind of tinnitus you have or ask around. First though maybe you should go to a doctor for your shooting pain and see if there is something he can do to help. Maybe that could help your T lessen? Its hard to tell. I wish you the best and hope you get better asap.

4. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      check your blood- white and red cells, iron levels etc.