Airplane Flying Overhead

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I have this low sound that has been getting louder and louder every day since I stopped taking Prednisone. When I lay down it is incredibly loud. Does anyone else have this or know what is causing it? I won't be able to hear over it soon.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      You hear a sound that is similar to airplane flying overhead?

Can you try pillow speakers to mask it?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes. It is the same light saber/foghorn sound I mentioned in another post only it is now constant when I lay down. I don't know if it blood pumping or what it is. I have to drug myself to sleep with all the noises. I can't lay on my T side anyways. I have sound on but nothing covers it. I am more concerned about what it is than masking it.

4. dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Same thing happened to me the past few weeks.It's been getting louder for awhile now and actually drowning out the ringing which I like lol but it is annoying and I'm wondering what's going on..yesterday it stopped when I played basketball and for the rest of the night it was just ringing. but came back today

In going for a Mri tomorrow maybe I'll know more then.

It's doing it now but my ears are so clogged that I hardly hear it

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes! That's it exactly! It stops when I'm moving around for a while. It starts back up if I eat or talk. Do you get the thumping in your head too? Seems to be part of that sound. I had an MRI. They didn't see anything.

6. dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Not a thumping but like a involuntary twitch and sinus pressure. Luckily the pressure is gone because I had trouble closing my eyes for a few nights

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes! Same thing. I get pressure on the bridge of my nose, but I don't actually think it's sinus pressure. If it builds up even more I will get a pressure in the top of my head like someone is squeezing my brain lightly. I read about your dentist drill. I refer to that sound as my high pitched fizz. I think it's the same thing. Do you have an oscillating sound that goes back and forth between a couple of notes? If you do our T is exactly the same.

8. dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It's that one note and then some light ringing in the back at times

It's weird because at one time in the beginning i only heard the ringing when it was loud and in quiet it was very low.. Now it's the opposite.. I'm also at times sensitive to noise and at times not lol

As bad as the loud noise is I prefer it over the ringing at its worst in the beginning because the ringing effected my brain this is just pressure on the ear

It sucks for sure but it's not gonna stop me from enjoying life.

There's people dealing with much worse.. I'm not anywhere near habituating yet but I'm Hanging in there

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Mine is the same. Sometimes sensitive to sound sometimes not. Do you have any idea what's wrong with you? Let me know if you do. I bet the same thing is wrong with me.

10. dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Haven't been diagnosed with anything. My guess is tinnitus from loud headphones. This new loud noise I'm not sure.

I've been out a few times in loud places or bars maybe that irritated it?

I'm gonna buy earplugs soon

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      No loud noises here. I don't think that's it. Most people don't have this foghorn sound. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

12. dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Mine came on high for about an hour and has lowered now

I think the key is to ride it out and not stress about it. Do something to keep your mind off it till it lowers a little