All Things Are Possible to Him Who Believes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joe P. Tamborra, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      To all fellow sufferers,
      I am writing this thread to encourage you as well as encourage myself. As we live our lives and age, we ALL
      experience the journey which we called life. No one ever promised us an easy time down here on planet
      earth; however to the people that put their hope in God, a bright future awaits in the near future. Those of
      us that have had tinnitus for over six months, the condition is more than likely permanent; unless we can
      tap into a power outside of the world's comprehension. Medical science has no cure for our affliction, however there is a God in heaven who not only created our ears, but also has the capacity to fix any problem
      that we have got. Now tapping into that power is the key to being cured, or receiving the necessary grace to
      endure this life with tinnitus. To receive power from on high, the one who has that power (God), needs to be
      able to trust the recipient. Another words there needs to be a trust relationship built up between us and our
      Creator. Personally I do not believe God is interested in curing any of us until we first learn what He is trying to teach us through this hardship. I think first lesson that needs to be learned is our total dependency upon
      God as Healer, Provider, and Deliver. Once we grasp this we are in a better place to receive from the hand of God. God always honors FAITH; the bible teaches that if we have faith as big as a grain of a mustard seed, we can speak to mountains in our lives and they will move. There are several reasons that have a spiritual
      implication that could have brought tinnitus into our lives. Poor decisions we made in the past concerning
      our ears could be the culprit (being around loud noises without the proper ear protection). The bible speaks of
      many adverse medical conditions that come upon people living in disobedience to the Commandments of God, in Deuteronomy 28. Sometimes God allows hardships to refine our Character and give us a greater
      capacity to show empathy to other sufferers. In (2 Cor. 12:6-8), Paul the Apostle was given a health condition
      to keep him humble because God had used his life so greatly. The bible speaks of having a persistent faith in (Luke 18:1-8), a tenacity that will not give up until one receives an answer. If you have been praying for God's intervention, keep praying, if you have not prayed yet, maybe you are only a prayer away from being cured. Always remember, All things are possible to him that believes.

• Like x 6
      • Agree x 2
      • Winner x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      god.jpg

• Agree Agree x 7
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Stink, if God did not exist, life would not be worth living.

• Funny Funny x 3
    4. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Amen to that! God Bless...... Rich

• Like Like x 1
    6. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Don't pay attention to stink she's just here to troll or look for a partner. I found this thread quite inspiring thanks for posting it Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;" Luke 6:37

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      There's a difference btw judging and speaking the truth and if you're going to quote the bible apply it to yourself first.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Do you take any medications for your tinnitus?

10. physics13
      In pain

physics13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
    11. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Please admins,"for the love of God" make a God subforum, these delusions are annoying.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Funny Funny x 4
    12. MarioT
      No Mood

MarioT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + SSRI medication
      AMEN to that! ;):rockingbanana:

13. MarioT
      No Mood

MarioT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + SSRI medication
      And dont forget: 10 hail marys a day, make all bad things go away!

Don Jon - Church Confession (Official Clip)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. DavetheAce
      Breezy

DavetheAce Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      showering using local water supply
      "All things are possible"? Try slamming a revolving door.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      RaZaH, this stuff is not delusional, but its reality.;)

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Thanks for the info psychics. Keep staying informed.

17. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      The following would be grammatically correct:
      1. But RaZaH, this stuff is not delusional, it's reality; alternatively,
      2. RaZaH, this stuff is not delusional, it's reality.

The member's name is "physics..." not "psychics..."

Although similar in spelling, there is some difference in what they do for a living...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      whats wrong with joes original one? seems correct to me

19. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Funny Funny x 5
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      my bad Att, you are correct, there sure is a big difference in
      the two. I like Physics better,lol

21. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I think it's amazing you have faith. I really wish I could, but sadly, I can't and it's very hard to believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Danny Boy, Faith is produced by reading the bible, as well as spending time
      in prayer. Many people have little or no faith, because they neglect these two
      activities. Trust me, if you begin to implement these relative disciplines into
      your life, you will begin to have faith. And if you spend much time in these, you will
      have great faith.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    23. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      1. Because God liked Abel's animal sacrifice more than Cain's vegetables, Cain kills his brother Abel in a fit of religious jealousy. 4:8

2. "I will destroy ... both man and beast."
        God is angry. He decides to destroy all humans, beasts, creeping things, fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown them all. 6:7, 17

3. "Every living substance that I have made will I destroy."
        God repeats his intention to kill "every living substance ... from off the face of the earth." But why does God kill all the innocent animals? What had they done to deserve his wrath? It seems God never gets his fill of tormenting animals. 7:4

4. "All flesh died that moved upon the earth."
        God drowns everything that breathes air. From newborn babies to koala bears -- all creatures great and small, the Lord God drowned them all. 7:21-23

5. God sends a plague on the Pharaoh and his household because the Pharaoh believed Abram's lie.12:17

6. God tells Abram to kill some animals for him. The needless slaughter makes God feel better. 15:9-10

7. Hagar conceives, making Sarai jealous. Abram tells Sarai to do to Hagar whatever she wants. "And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled." 16:6

8. "I will not destroy it for ten's sake."
        I guess God couldn't find even ten good Sodomites because he decides to kill them all in Genesis 19. Too bad Abraham didn't ask God about the children. Why not save them? If Abraham could find 10 good children, toddlers, infants, or babies, would God spare the city? Apparently not. God doesn't give a damn about children. 18:32

9. Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8

10. God kills everyone (men, women, children, infants, newborns) in Sodom and Gomorrah by raining "fire and brimstone from the Lord out of heaven." Well, almost everyone -- he spares the "just and righteous" Lot and his family. 19:24

11. Lot's nameless wife looks back, and God turns her into a pillar of salt. 19:26

12. God gets angry with king Abimelech, though the king hasn't even touched Sarah. He says to the king, "Behold, thou art but a dead man," and threatens to kill him and all of his people. To compensate for the crime he never committed, Abimelech gives Abraham sheep, oxen, slaves, silver, and land. Finally, after Abraham "prayed unto God," God lifts his punishment to Abimelech, "for the Lord had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah." 20:3-18

13. Sarah, after giving birth to Isaac, gets angry again at Hagar (see 16:5-6) and tells Abraham to 'cast out this bondwoman and her son." God commands Abraham to "hearken unto her voice." So Abraham abandons Hagar and Ishmael, casting them out into the wilderness to die. 21:10-14

14. God orders Abraham to kill Isaac as a burnt offering. Abraham shows his love for God by his willingness to murder his son. But finally, just before Isaac's throat is slit, God provides a goat to kill instead. 22:2-13

15. Abraham shows his willingness to kill his son for God. Only an evil God would ask a father to do that; only a bad father would be willing to do it. 22:10

16. "Because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son."
        Why did God love Abraham so much? Because he was willing to murder his son for him. (Greater evil hath no man than this, that he is willing to kill his own son for God.) 22:16

17. Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children captive. 34:1-31

18. "The terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them." 35:5

19. "And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him." What did Er do to elicit God's wrath? The Bible doesn't say. Maybe he picked up some sticks on Saturday. 38:7

20. After God killed Er, Judah tells Onan to "go in unto they brother's wife." But "Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and ... when he went in unto his brother's wife ... he spilled it on the ground.... And the thing which he did displeased the Lord; wherefore he slew him also." This lovely Bible story is seldom read in Sunday School, but it is the basis of many Christian doctrines, including the condemnation of both masturbation and birth control. 38:8-10

21. After Judah pays Tamar for her services, he is told that she "played the harlot" and "is with child by whoredom." When Judah hears this, he says, "Bring her forth, and let her be burnt." 38:24

22. Joseph interprets the baker's dream. He says that the pharaoh will cut off the baker's head, and hang his headless body on a tree for the birds to eat. 40:19

23. God brought a seven year, "very grievous" famine on the whole earth for no apparent reason (except maybe to make Joseph wealthy). 41:25-32, 54

Well That's really inspiring and that's just in Genesis! I'll try praying and see if that's as inspiring!

All quotes from here.....http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Rich, I feel bad that you only see a narrow minded view of an infinite God. It is true that God is
      the Judge of the Universe, and those that practice sin will experience His wrath; however God cares
      so deeply for His creation that the Son of God paid our sin debt in full with His own shed blood. To
      me a love like that is highly inspiring, regardless of some isolated negative accounts in the bible of
      those getting punished for their own sinfulness. If God allowed sin to take over, the world would not be a safe place for any.

• Funny Funny x 1
    25. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Joe, this is my last post to this thread, but don't get discouraged from some people's negative responses. It seems that anything with a Christian message and is faith based gets attacked by some. It's a sign of the times. Anyways, I hope and pray for everybody that comes to this forum, that they can find support, compassion, and empathy from others. God Bless........ Rich

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As someone who is not a Christian, I think people who attack others for their religious beliefs are actually dealing with their own demons in an ineffective way.

As someone who is a rational empiricist, I think that anyone who claims to have it all figured out is completely full of shit -- and I apply that label willingly and liberally to people who are dismissive of theological viewpoints as a path to fulfillment and richness in life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      If that is directed at me, I don't see anywhere in my post were I attacked anybody or any religion, If it was just a statement about your views with no one's post in mind, I apologize!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    28. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Oh and I agree with you completely!

29. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was not bothered by anything you said, and that comment definitely wasn't directed at you. I think it's reasonable and healthy to be able to discuss the various inconsistencies in biblical texts. I don't think it's healthy to just attack other people's beliefs or just go "learn science, lol" when people try to talk about how their religious beliefs are important to their healing and well-being... I think it overlooks a fundamental truth that we all create our own little world based on beliefs that we can't actually prove, and that the number of things we have a scientific explanation for is a drop in the bucket compared to the vastness of the universe.

So, basically, I am a strong proponent of using scientific methods to analyze and understand the world, and I think that as far as trying to solve mechanical problems, science/medicine are better than philosophy and faith, any day. But "trying to live a rich, fufilling and happy life" is not a mechanical problem. I myself have had experiences which I cannot explain mechanically. That doesn't mean there isn't a mechanical explanation, it means that the complexity of the universe is orders of magnitude greater than the number of synapses in my brain.

I don't like it when religious folks get up in my face and tell me I'm going to hell, but I don't see that in this thread. We have someone making a very honest statement about how their faith is helping them now. We all know this condition is no fun! We also know that science has, so far, not delivered any cures to us. So, I think people who are just dismissive of other people's viewpoints, are arrogant and tiring. Being able to admit that you might be completely wrong about literally everything you believe is not an anti-scientific viewpoint, I'd say it's the absolute basis of a scientific view.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    30. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

I can't help but agree with everything you have posted here.

This I have to disagree with. I would say by posting something like the opening post in a very public forum, you do leave yourself open for ridicule, especially when it is in the form of preaching!

My post was a little tongue in cheek,(or smart arse if you will). I can't see how I can be inspired by a 2,000 year old book that more than 1,000 times through it, condones violence, either by Gods followers or God himself! it just doesn't fit with me I'm afraid.

Agree,

It is for this reason I have no time for atheism, Don't get me wrong, I love science and the scientific method, but I do not confess to know everything about the universe and science, while it knows a hell of a lot more than I do, does not know everything, we are a long way off from dismissing a creator of any sort and quite frankly, I don't think we, as a species, will ever be in a position to completely dismiss one!

But all and all I like the way you think! :beeranimation: