Almost Went to the Psych Ward :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, Jul 24, 2015.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Didn't sleep all night on tuesday night and was up with the T and anxiety. It was so bad that I was crying and incoherant the next day and wishing I was not alive. My mother told me to either go with her to get my psychiatrist (all the way in SoCal) to approve more Xanax (haven't had a pill in a month) or go the psych ward. I chose the Xanax. I can't believe I'm here again. I was habituated and I screwed up and here I am again. But the problem is, I don't know if I can pull through this time because this time I cannot even mask. It's so much worse this time. Just wanted to vent.

• Hug Hug x 9
    2. Tennrltr
      Depressed

Tennrltr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fall in 2014
      Sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better today. I Got the spike today. Take Care...God Bless

3. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      It will tune out..Stay of xanax. Take hydroxizine instead.

4. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      Hey derpytia, I'm really sorry your struggling. I remember being on this forum when I was first hit with intrusive T and you were fairly new as well. Since then, I have had a roller coaster of emotions which seemed to progress steadily for about the first 10 months and for some reason I have been really depressed and anxious over my T and hearing loss and I am also right back to where I started. I have no energy to do much and I sleep about 2-3 hours a night. What I will try no matter how hard it a healthy diet, exercise and practice healthy sleep habits. What I have also learned is, the more I pay attention to it, the more anxious and depressed I become. Have you tried white noise? Use that to mask at night and use pillow speakers if necessary. Sleep is VERY important to minimize anxiety.

Unfortunately we are stuck with this condition, for now. The best thing you can do is push really hard through to develop healthier habits and you will habituate to a certain degree. Much research is going on and much seems to have potential for a cure although I try not to dwell on what the progress is each day as that will also increase your anxiety.

My heart really goes out to you. I hope you start to habituate sooner than later. Habituation is a mentality and you have the power to control your mind, don't let it control you.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015

Sorry to read this I am new here but have had T & H for six months I haven't habituated yet and don't know if I ever will as mind is screaming loud and my gut feeling is it is harder to habituate to loud T.

But what I wanted to say is that if you managed to habituate once from all that I have read on here you should be able to again, as it is supposed to be an issue if mental strength aa d if you had that once you should get it again. Sadly I don't feel I have that

I've had completely sleepless nights as well and I have been in sleeping tablets for. Years due to another condition so it's not like I can start them.

It's amazing what ghds human body can seem to stand. Maybe there is a better med out there for you than Xanax, even though I'm not advocating meds as I am sure they are part of the reason I am in thus mess. Sometimes you need something to keep you sane if that's possible

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am sorry to hear you are struggling so much. I would strongly discourage anyone from going to a psych ward unless they are a legitimate threat to themselves or others.

My reason for saying this is that people in a state of severe distress need to be treated with patience, compassion and sympathy for it to be useful to them, and you will be hard pressed to find any of those things in a typical psych ward. Instead, you will probably be locked up and force-fed antipsychotics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      This is my absolute worst nightmare. For some reason it scares the shit out of me, so do crazy people and doctors. At T onset, I hadn't slept for months and lost about 50 pounds, this is what a lot of family thought would be best for me. This really added to my anxiety on top of the T, every day I thought someone would come and take me away against my will. Thank god they realized it was not the best thing for me.

• Agree Agree x 2