Aluminum + Your Ears = No Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Lexus1555, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Lexus1555

Lexus1555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      Hello TinnitusTalk members:

I found this solution to my tinnitus totally on a whim. I've had this constant, high-pitched tone in both my ears for the past year. It's only become louder as the time goes by. And this time around, it had very little to do with ear wax. I was stumped.

I decided to take some clear gel anti-perspirant (Mitchum No-Scent is good), coat each side of a q-tip and put one side into each ear, coating each ear canal as far as you can get inside without hurting your ear drum. I'm telling you, within five minutes my "tinnitus" was reduced by 90%! It turned from a very noticeable affliction that harassed me daily to something I notice when I decide to notice it. It was a marked change. All it takes is applying that small amount of anti-perspirant daily.

Why I think it works?: I know that anti-perspirant for the underarms almost always contains around 20-25% aluminum. Aluminum on its own is excellent at blocking electrical signals, plus it's great at keeping you dry. The paranoid in me sometimes believes there's a ray gun pointed at me beaming noise into my head. Let's say, by gub-ment agents and henchmen. Lol. The pragmatist in me believes it's more to do with ear wax buildup that is compounded by my use of hair glue (better version of hair gel).

Regardless, it's been a solution that has proved replicate-able for a few days now. Don't concern yourself with staying sweat-free or avoiding humidity, etc: Just do the q-tip method once (or twice) daily for maximum effect.

Please, if anyone does try this and it works for you, reply and tell everyone! It's worked wonders for me! (Note: I am in no way affiliated with Aluminum, Inc. or Q-Tip, Inc., nor are they paying me -- yet.)

-Neema Kordestani
      Washington, DC

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I don't understand... Are you putting the hair glue in your ears? How would its use have anything to do with wax buildup?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      In the case of tinnitus I think the only way aluminum would block the electrical signals is if it was coating your brain, or whatever hair cells are misfiring. This is definitely one of the most out there ideas for dealing with T. I’m not sure I would ever try it myself since I hear a lot about how putting q-tips in your ears is bad anyways. Putting gel deodorant in your ears though? That’s some crazy shit… lol I’d like to hear more about this though.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Very dangerous advice. Some is going to get hurt trying this.
      Do not put anything in your ears.

• Agree Agree x 6
    5. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI Medication, Movie Theaters, or Gaming Headphones
      PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS MAN'S ADVICE. DO NOT DAMAGE YOUR EARS, FOLKS.

Talk to a Dr. first, this is as bad as those stupid Tide Pod challenges.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AZeurotuner

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      As horrible of an idea as this is... There's a small part of me that wants to try it.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I completely agree with those who have said do not follow this advice. The eardrum is v delicate and its mad to put an untested substance on it

BUT there are a few papers and clinicians who say even a small amount of wax on the eardrum can cause tinnitus in some. Also papers saying it doesn't always migrate off by itself. Therefore it's feasible wax on the drum could cause tinnitus that lasted months and that it could be dissolved by certain substances.

Getting wax off the from the drum has risk however it's done but it would be far wiser to get it removed by s clinician that put on untested substance in your ear

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I actually own this stuff. I am very tempted to try it... At the same time the risk averse part of my brain is telling me not to...

• Useful Useful x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Everything in your post makes sense, Except for the part above. Why did you decide to try to do this? Before you did it for the first time, did you think that this might cure your tinnitus?

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lexus1555

Lexus1555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      hair gel plus sweating throughout the day in east coast summer weather. I'm sure some of that ends up in the ears haha

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lexus1555

Lexus1555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      @GregCA and @MeBeSurfer:

I get what you're saying, and I'll add that im not exactly sure it's safe or not, but its a real small amount you're putting. Try it for a day or two, if it works, it works...otherwise, it's not for you. Make sure you rule out ear wax first, use the debrox or w/e

Im willing to be the guinea pig on this

12. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Lexus1555 but why did you decide to do it in the first place? Did you think it was earwax?

13. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      Yeah, I mean were you just looking at random stuff in your bathroom and wondering if putting it in your ear would help, or did you read somewhere that this would do something? It just sounds like such a random thing to do, to go from, "Hmm it's not ear wax causing T." to, "Let's put some deodorant in my ear and see what happens."

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      be interesting to hear back from others who have tried this. I have noticed a dimunition of t when using certain anti-perspirants but considered it just random. I haven'rt had them in my ear though. Perhaps breathing them in through the eustacian tube might allow some to reach the inner or middle ear

15. newbieT

newbieT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Breaking news! A tinnitus suffurer has discovered eating deodorant cures stomache cancer

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No Bill, don't do it! Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    17. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      My brother in law cured his T of 4 years with steroid based skin cream. I don't know what it's called, but it was prescribed to him for some skin condition. He was applying it with Q-Tip, and then forgot that it was on there and used the Q-Tip to clear his ears. Next day he noticed that his T was much lower. He did it for few weeks and now his T is gone.

His T was caused by acoustic trauma.

• Agree Agree x 2
    18. MickV

MickV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      Total BS thread .... please do not listen to this scam.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Could you please find out what it is called?

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. AZeurotuner

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @Dmitriy

I second that...

21. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      We have been warned for many many years to avoid aluminum drink cans. There is no way I'm going to introduce some high concentration of aluminum into my ears!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lexus1555

Lexus1555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      Hello:

I'd like to update my original post. It's now mid-May and I put antiperspirant in my ears daily. I need it and require it for my sanity.

My hearing is the same. I don't get any pain in my ear either. The only drawback that is kinda relevant is the flakes that will be in your ear from the dried up antiperspirant. Maybe people might think you have ear hygiene issues, but it's not really my concern. Tinnitus vs some weird looks, I'll take the weird looks.

The key with success involving antiperspirant is to hav it melt in your ear through the day. Sweating some will do nicely. When the weather is low humidity, this won't work quite as well, but I still use it no matter.

I've also found that silicone lube can work for this purpose believe it or not. The only issue is that it's not as durable as the antiperspirant, which many are made to last all day.

Silicone, aluminium, steel, copper even: all the elements that conduct electricity well also do well at Faraday cage stuff. So if you believe external radio/wireless/signals/radar/etc is to credit for your T, then maybe this might help?

-Neema

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 3
    23. AZeurotuner

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      5444841279_a8887f0366.jpg

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lexus1555

Lexus1555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      Haha, paranoid types actually have the right idea with use of tin foil hats. Except that tin foil doesn't do sh*t. It's too weak.

Aluminum foil hats are much better.

25. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I'm curious, which one prevailed. You, or the risk averse part of your brain? :)

26. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      Folks, please also try this:
      Maimonides notes that if you take the peel of a certain Etrog, put it in olive oil and heat the oil, you will get a medicine that helps patients suffering from tinnitus. The oil should be dripped into the ear from which tinnitus sounds.

27. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In the end, it was the risk averse part of my brain that had prevailed.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Y'all, did anyone try this? All hail the Tinnitus god @Lexus1555!! :notworthy:
      I've already ordered a 6 month supply of Mitchum No-Scent that I'll be melting and pouring directly into my ears! What could go wrong??

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    29. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      Funny thing is I've been interested in doing something about my head sweating which has become a major problem. The sweat gets into my hearing aids and shorts the battery. It takes forever to dry them out. I have sweat guards but they are bulky, uncomfortable and I am afraid of losing a hearing aid since they don't fit well. I don't think this is dangerous at all, the FDA tests every possible hair brained use of these products and I am sure it can't hurt you. Maybe........I don't know, got to think about this a little more.

• Like Like x 2
    30. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      this sounds like a potential way to get an ear infection

also if ear wax causes permanent tinnitus after it is removed due to the possibility that once the tinnitus signal is established in the brain it becomes a separate process that is not neuroplastic i might as well off myself knowing there will never be a treatment within the next century.

i hear contradicting stories about ear wax, infection, and middle ear recovery removing tinnitus and in other cases reducing it or even in a few not doing anything at all. it makes my head hurt knowing tinnitus has no consistent logic.