Always crying

Discussion in 'Support' started by Neenie, Jan 24, 2014.

1. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I remember reading a book years ago when I had really bad panic attacks. The book was written by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale the title was "You Can If You Think You Can" the title says it all.....

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      I'm over 8 months in and have hyperbiscus as well as significant hearing loss in 1 ear with frequent vertigo attacks that come out of nowhere even when driving. My T has been so loud for the past week I want to scream. I find that using the noise canceling headphones to listen to music helps drown out the loud ringing that has been with me for what feels like a lifetime!! I have started keeping a log of when it's really loud and when it calms down a bit and I have found that stress and the crazy weather makes it worse. I have taken the attitude of I have so many positive things, great family healthy kids etc that I will not let this break me or consume my life. A few months in I felt my world was crashing down on me but have come to the realization I'm not alone there is an amazing support group here that helps you get through the rough spots and if this is the worst thing that happens to me I will consider myself blessed and lucky as hell! I'm optimistic about my future and think that's half the battle!! You will get through it.

3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Neenie,

go to www.tinnitus.org.au and read the four steps to successful management of t.

Stop 'clinging' to hope Neenie. Habituation is a certainty. You are going to habituate. But I agree with the sentiments of others on this thread, you need to manage your anxiety. You can use your t as an emotional barometer to better manage your t. It is time to get serious with your anxiety. The t wont hurt you, but the anxiety can. So please, take me seriously.

Just re read your words ' hopeful.....I don't know how....highly doubtful that I will (habituate)...'

What a difference it would make for you to say 'I will habituate..i will adapt...it will happen.....I am going to be ok......I am going to get back to living a fulfilling and happy life........NOW!'

No wonder youre doubting the process because of the number of times you use negative self talk throughout the day. STOP IT NOW! Each time you catch yourself saying something negative, replace it with something positive.

I really do think you would benefit from cbt. Don't take the bull by the horns...take him by the nuts...........and don't let your anxiety rule you. It is your choice.

If I can get on with my life only two months in, so can you!

The only thing stopping you is your anxiety. I get how disabling anxiety is as I suffer with this too. But I have learnt how to successfully manage it so that it doesn't overpower me like it once did. What are you doing to address the anxiety? When was the last time you did something just for fun? Something relaxing? I have been spending time in nature lately. Last thing I feel like, but once im out and about, it really does help reconnect you to your surrounds/yourself.

My take home message is better manage your anxiety and your t will no longer be a problem.

• Like Like x 3
    4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
    5. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      @DebInAustralia , great advise above.

Taking long walks in nature was my one very special joy in life, I still go for walks
      But miss the quiet so much that at times it feels almost torturous.

6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Sherri,

Why isn't taking long walks in nature still a special joy in life?

I am glad you are still taking these walks.

We don't live in silence. Your brain is so clever. It filters and prioritises noises...

I am sure you've probably read about people without t being placed in sound proof booths, who have become aware of sound!

It is Ok to grieve the loss of silence...but don't forget that silence does not exist...

You will get your enjoyment of the outdoors back...this will happen gradually, moment by moment, you will notice being distracted by something else, and being unaware of the intrusive t. once you no longer carry a negative perception of your t around with you, even if you hear the sound, it wont bother you hun. I promise :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi Neenie ,

I hope you are doing well. For me I'm trying to cop with it from one month, i hear it while im playing music, tv and white noise. I know it will get better and i will live with it, i will hear it for all the 365 days and will not use to it ?
      Just let your brain to accept the sound and don't think about it.

When i had it i just wanted to sleep and never woke up for this life, but now i realised that I have more with this life :)

Oh and i'm only 19 years old and I suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes and tinnitus. Life still going on :)

Hope you are enjoying your life

Saif,

• Like Like x 2
    8. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      @DebInAustralia , thank you so much for the encouraging words. Means a lot to me.
      I read your post several times, really helps. xx