Am I Getting Meniere's Disease?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Philip83, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      I've had a tinnitus/hyperacusis/noxacusis spike going on since November 8th, 2020.

For about the past two days my head has started to feel very weird. It's giving me these "wooOOuUUoow" spells where my balance is also slightly affected and it feels "stuffed", and like I have a constant pressure problem in the ears like as if I need to depressurize, although most of the time it does nothing.

Also, I have new low frequency tinnitus tones that comes and goes around 500 Hz that I usually don't have.

Should I be worried? This sucks...

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      It's possible but it could be something else. Sinus issues can make people feel dizzy and blocked Eustachian tubes can produce low frequency sounds.

The balance issues that happen with Meniere's are also often more than "slight." No one can diagnose this based on a description though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Meniere's Disease can take a couple of years to diagnose going by tests and symptoms.
      Meniere's comes with lots of problems so try not to google it and just keep a record on how you are doing.

Best have your hearing tested and rule out allergies or eustachian tube problems caused by extra mucus.

Love,
      Glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Actually, now that I think about it I had mild cold symptoms last week for a few days, maybe this is what's still lingering. I did a COVID-19 test, but it was negative. I had no mucus though, but could be that my sinuses are swollen maybe? I didn't have these symptoms last week during the actual cold-feelings though... weird...
      Yeah I looked it up a bit, it doesn't sound at all like what I'm experiencing. It does actually feel more like a cold-clog, but without any actual clogging, if that makes sense :rolleyes:

5. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      I had a nasty spike a few weeks back. It's settled. But I've had a slight/low grade nausea/dizziness almost constantly for a week or so now. Nothing else has changed.

Could this be a Meniere's symptom?

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Your symptoms could be caused by many different reasons. Possibly a cold, allergies, inner ear issues. Only a doctor that checks out the ear could possibly help out.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      Off to the doc. Fml.

• Like Like x 1