Antinitus Tinnitus Patch — Does It Work?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Tinnitus Talk, Oct 10, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Tinnitus Talk
      Balanced

Tinnitus Talk Knowledge Base

October 10th, 2015

Akloma Tinnitus AB (company behind Antinitus) threatened legal action due to some comments posted by our members in our original Antinitus discussion thread.

While we admit no liability whatsoever in relation to the allegations made, to bring matters to closure and to avoid lengthy and what we feel completely unnecessary legal proceedings, we decided to show a gesture of good will by complying with their request to delete the earlier thread.

In this new thread, let's have a constructive discussion about the company and the product.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Mats Reimer MD

Mats Reimer MD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2008
      This product looks like pseudoscience.

A transparent adhesive patch is placed behind one ear. The pattern in the "matrix" is supposed to "convert ordinary, chaotic light into fractal light that affects water molecules ... into a coherent organised state with natural fractal order". This so called "organizing" of the body's water is somehow supposed to help against tinnitus. For some unspecified reason the "matrix" in the patch apparently wears out since a new patch must be put on every day for several weeks.
      http://www.antinitus.com/how-it-works/

The inventor probably believes in his work, he has been working with "synchronized" water for years. In the patent applications he seriously claims that light filtered through his "topographic geometrical matrix" can alter the properties of water, even lowering the freezing point to -8*C.
      http://www.google.com/patents/US20110130703
      http://www.google.com/patents/US20100217359

It is true that there has been two small clinical trials, but no publication in any peer reviewed journal so far. In my opinion it was shameful that they got ethical permission to do the trials since it is such an obvious waste of time for the participating tinnitus patients.

In it's advertising the company claim to have official approval, but all they have is the lowest level of permission for medical devices, a certificate of registration where they have made a simple declaration that the product is not harmful. But it is harmful. To the patients' wallet.
      http://www.akloma.com/new_CE_Certification_2015.pdf

The Antinitus patch is not for sale in North America or the Scandinavian countries. I believe this is because these countries have stronger protection for consumers, or stronger regulations of medical products. I have been informed by the Advertising Standard Authority in UK that they "received a complaint from a UK consumer about advertising by this company that appears on its website, and the complaint has been referred by the ASA to the Swedish self-regulatory body". Unfortunately this leads nowhere since the "Swedish ASA" Reklamombudsmannen only deals with advertising aimed at Swedish consumers, and the patch is not for sale in Sweden... Catch 22.

I have been blogging about this sad (but also comical) story since 2012, and the latest news is that the company Akloma has been acquired by another Swedish company, Paradox Entertainment, which is listed on the stock exchange First North/Nasdaq. While I do think the inventor is sincere (but wrong), I'm not so sure about the doctors and other members of the board.

Below You can find links to my Swedish blog. I'm afraid that GoogleTranslate is not that good at Swedish.

Mats Reimer
      Pediatrician and sceptical blogger for the magazine Dagens Medicin ("Today's medicine")
      Gothenburg
      Sweden

http://www.dagensmedicin.se/blogg/m...sa-patienters-tid-pa-aklomas-tinnitusplaster/

http://www.dagensmedicin.se/blogg/m...gare-som-reklam-for-bolagets-tinnitusplaster/

http://www.dagensmedicin.se/blogg/m...mmenderar-svenska-tinnitusplastret-antinitus/

http://www.dagensmedicin.se/blogg/m...barbaren-betalar-for-magiskt-tinnitusplaster/

http://www.dagensmedicin.se/blogg/m...ot-tinnitus-hittar-kryphal-i-konsumentskyddet

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. RaZaH
      Not amused

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Imagine a questionable Cancer cure company suing and trying to take down a Cancer support group.
      That is all I will say on the matter at this point.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      They were bought by a video-game company? Now that's even stranger lol

• Like Like x 1
    5. RaZaH
      Not amused

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Not really, they are into fantasy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Haha! I actually liked some of their games. Shame...

7. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Use this patch while reading the tinnitus miracle and all your troubles will be behind you

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Mats Reimer MD

Mats Reimer MD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2008
      The local newspaper Göteborgs-Posten made a small article about my latest blog, about this Swedish company selling questionable medical products on other markets. But I'm still hoping that other mainstream media dig into this story.

• Like Like x 2
    9. donico
      Creative

donico Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anyone tried antinitus?

Probably some sort of a questionable product as I think there would be talk about it

10. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    11. donico
      Creative

donico Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      thats what i thought, evil people trying to get rich on our hopes, not that the pharmaceutical companies are any better

12. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      If it worked, the company that made them would be zillionaires, and the story would be on the front cover of the New York Times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Mats Reimer MD

Mats Reimer MD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2008
      The strange patch (with the topographical matrix creating coherent light that structures body water) is now sold by the company Sensori AB (former name Paradox Entertaintment). They sold the rights to "Coonan the Barbarian" and bought antinitus.
      http://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/companies/SORI:SS-sensori-ab

• Like Like x 1
    14. Charron
      Badass

Charron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Found by my son on Facebook, giving big claims of success image.png

15. Charron
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Lol I'm going on Facebook right now to tell everyone it's pseudoscientific fantasy! I thought as much but thought I'd ask the experts!

• Like Like x 1
    16. Philemon

Philemon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL
      A well-known product that in my opinion has no scientific basis ... Just dig out from the forum if you really want more information about it (but even a few seconds spent on Antinitus are not worth it)

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Charron
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      I didn't get my hopes up lol, I think I will save my money and buy myself something to give me a bit of pleasure and make me happy! These people shouldn't be allowed to post on Facebook, they have loads of enquirers and will get lots of orders by the looks of it x

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    18. Charron
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Hahahah they just deleted my post on Facebook, hhmmmmm wonder why!!! Says it all really doesn't it x

• Like Like x 2
    19. jclarke

jclarke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      husband has tinnitus for 18 months
      I bought these 'plasters' for my husband who suffers terribly from tinnitus and they were a complete waste of money. Please, anyone contemplating purchasing these don't - they really do not work

20. Goldilocks
      Lonely

Goldilocks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Original T 1995, aggravated T 2014, increase 2016
      Tried them about a year ago. Did nothing for me.

21. mike079

mike079 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubs
      Hello I found this website online today:

http://www.antinitus.com/

Quote from this website:

For more than 10 years, Sweden’s Akloma Tinnitus AB has spent great resources finding a treatment for tinnitus. The result is the proprietary Aklo matrix technology found inside every Antinitus patch.

Antinitus is a patch designed to reduce the symptoms of tinnitus. The patch contains a unique raster/lens creating an organised signal, which is anticipated to, directly or indirectly; modulate nerve functions in the auditory system to provide relief from the inconvenience of tinnitus.

The Aklo® technology uses a unique geometry to convert ordinary, chaotic light into fractal light that affects water molecules. Antinitus is a non-invasive, passive medical device which transforms ordinary light, effecting the property of water in liquid and gaseous form into a coherent organised state with natural fractal order. This is comparable to low-energy laser therapy devices.

There facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Antinitus/ has 24 thousand likes already.

People on that facebook page are speaking about reduced tinnitus after using the patches.

Did anybody from this forum tried this already?

What are your thoughts about this website?

22. barnacle
      Worried

barnacle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise et al.
      Why did none of their studies use a placebo patch? Only one answer I think!

23. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      I'm not sure but I sense some sarcasm here :p,i think it's hilarious how a product that is a patch gets bought by a gaming company.It's just beyond irony them threatening with legal actions is laughable (although i'm aware it's serious) A " patch " is going to cure my Tinnitus,yeah right,the explanation of how it works is like Geralt using his alchemy inventory to mix all kinds of potions and herbs.

Yes!! that right there is a red flag.Especially them avoiding their native soil.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Tom Gatwick

Tom Gatwick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008

ANTINITUS IS GOING STRONG! PEOPLE ARE TRUSTING THESE CLOWNS! READ THE COMMENTS! IS ANTINITUS A SCAM?

25. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      They say the patches are clinically proven, with everything people say and ask they refer to their site BUT with real criticism towards the efficacy they say, HEY it's PROVEN without any source referral.
      (Other than their own studies which seem to be questionable to say the least)

26. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I don't know guys. I'll give it a try.

27. Tom Gatwick

Tom Gatwick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Do not buy it and support them!

28. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      What about all of those people got some relief? I'm not saying this will work for everyone but there are no other thing to seem help me. My T got worse last two days. I can not stand this anymore..

29. Tom Gatwick

Tom Gatwick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      They are not real experiences. Those people have been paid to write testimonials.

30. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I swear to God I hate this world. I feel hopeless and my T is so so bad right now. I do not wanna live anymore..

• Hug Hug x 1