Anxiety Is Back. Tinnitus Isn't Helping.

Discussion in 'Support' started by zombiechick, Jun 3, 2017.

1. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      My panic came back recently and although my tinnitus doesn't seem too much louder it seems to be fueled by it.

It's caused me a great deal of anxiety not knowing whether this Beast can get any louder or what if it does.

I think right now the what ifs or what's causing a ton of my anxiety. My spouse is super supportive and told me that may be eating clean will help and he would help me accomplish that. I can't help but be scared and I look at my one year old son and I know that I need to keep it together but it's hard.

Luckily, my work environment is quiet my last job wasn't so quiet. I keep wondering if it's because I was eating poorly or if it's because I kept forgetting to take my Zoloft and prenatal vitamins.

I still breastfeed and taking my prenatal vitamins is essential but I haven't always been good about it.

I started taking only half a dose of my Zoloft in an attempt to stop taking it but I keep wondering if I should just go back up to the full dose.

I was on 50 mg and cut back only half.

My husband doesn't think it's necessary, lately I'm not sure. I just get scared that this could get louder one day and I don't want to deal with that.

I want to be present for my family, present in my life. It helps when I read stories and hear the talk about how they've had tinnitus for years and years because it shows me that people can live with it for a long time.

I need to get all this negativity out of my head and that's really hard. If anyone has any insight about the Zoloft or anything else let me know. Any insight is appreciate even if you're not a woman who has a child.

All experiences welcome.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hormones have a lot to do with tinnitus during pregnancy and after till your hormones settle back down.
      Try not think on of the 'what if's' and just go by the here and now.
      Try relax and stop worrying.
      Easy said than done but just protect your ears when needed.
      Love glynis

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      So sorry, that your anxiety is bothering you. I, myself have had a recent bout with anxiety and it is taking time but it is slowly working out. Eating habits do make a difference, avoid sugar and other stuff that can rev up your system. Keep taking and communicating with loved ones. You are very blessed in that area, I have no family left and have to handle all things by myself...

Exercise has been very helpful for me as well...take care N god bless :)

4. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi @zombiechick,

Sorry to hear about your anxiety issues.

I understand that everyone reacts to tinnitus differently. I think if you try to take your mind off of it by doing something you enjoy (ie. exercise), it will help you. For example, I try to go for a walk later in the day and even doing so for just 30 minutes helps me a lot. The other thing is that you need to convince yourself that anxiety is not a deadly infirmity; anxiety is perceived fear generated by your mind.

Incidentally, do you know how many countless people have tinnitus? Machinists, mechanics, celebrities (ie. Steve Martin), musicians (ie. Phil Collins), etc...

There are two keys to living a good life: health and happiness. Happiness and health share a symbiotic relationship...

Best,
      Mike

5. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Listen to him @zombiechick. He is right!

6. Natalier

Natalier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, Zombie Chick, this was posted a while ago so I'm not sure where if you still visit. But I completely understand your anxiety. There's a thread I posted about technique's to help. Doesn't hurt to try!
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...om-anxiety-tinnitus-associated-anxiety.22257/

Also, I currently take Zoloft 100mg, have been for 4 years on and off and it works wonders for me. Zoloft is one of the SSRI's that have the fewer side effects, and it used to treat a combination of OCD, depression and anxiety. Yes, I too have forgotten to take my Zoloft, but that wasn't good because it's not working to it's full effect, because its going through ups and downs in your system. I have also gotten off it in the past so it can be done when you want to. But now doesn't seem like a good time to with all your worrying. Take care! If you're still there.

7. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Natalie. Ive battled OCD since childhood along with depression. I took Zoloft at a much lower dose and had an awful time trying to taper off of it. Months of trying to stop completely and then just had to tough it out which took about 6 months. I won't touch ADs because of it. We are all different in our sensitivities. I just know I was promised too the drug was not addictive and then found out the hard way about discontinuation syndrome.

8. Natalier

Natalier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Damn, I'm completely sorry about that. Yes, you are right. We all react differently. And even if you dont touch Ads anymore there are still a variety of them out there that would work. But If you are fine without it, so be it. Lol im actually surprised i didnt get addicted to my benzo or Ad because honestly my family has addictive personalites.

9. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I was naive when I started the med and discontinuation problems were just becoming apparent with the SSRI s ( so this was awhile ago). I should have had a clue because the drug made me sick when I started it - like morning sickness for 6 weeks. And we kept trying to up the dosage slowly but it didn't work out. I'm not against anyone taking meds but once bitten as they say.

10. Natalier

Natalier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, let me tell you, the first weeks are hell, but then it got better for me. I started and stopped about twice and each time, the first weeks hit you like a brick. Morning sickness for sure. But eventually it leveled out for me. Sorry it didnt for you. How are you dealing with the anxiety and depression now?

11. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I pray and try to stay focused on the hear and now. My husband passed away suddenly in 2010. I worked with a therapist in grief counseling which at times included accommodating the ocd rather than fighting it. Then my mom got sick and I was her caregiver. I've been able to avoid meds or therapy but I need to be careful.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Natalier

Natalier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Listen, I know OCD so I don't wanna give you any triggers, but I created a thread on techniques on how I deal with OCD, anxiety, depression thoughts. And its worked for me. Some you probably already heard from therapists. You seem older and very wise. But if you are dealing with your anxiety just fine. you probably shouldn't visit the thread. If you aren't and its bad, its worth a try.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...om-anxiety-tinnitus-associated-anxiety.22257/

P.S I pray as well. Everynight. Take care.

• Like Like x 1
    13. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Actually you may have helped in a different way without realizing it. I've not been able to pin down why I am feeling unsettled beyond the T. So its almost as if I've been sending a message to myself mentioning in posts about it. T started right before the first Christmas after he died. Don't know why I haven't put 2 and 2 together - I think the T and dizziness coming back is reminding me of the feelings from that time. Grief monster I think is what they call it. Now maybe I can shoo it.

• Hug Hug x 2
    14. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Besides musicians, dentists and those working in high sound environments having high rates of tinnitus, air conditioning installers often get tinnitus.

15. Natalier

Natalier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh yes, this is great news. One of the first steps is pinning down where the feelings are coming from. Its funny how sometimes the answer is with in us, in our subconscious mind, usually our dreams let us know. But I am happy to have helped you. I'm trying my best to help anyone with my conditions. Let me know how things are going for you. Take care.

• Like Like x 1