Any Art Lovers?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Holly1987, Apr 1, 2018.

1. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      "No Place to Go" makes me think of Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.

2. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Exactly right SM.
      Don’t you just love Steinbeck.
      Have you read “The Grapes of Wrath?”

3. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I love Steinbeck too. I read almost all of his novels, but not the two long ones: The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden. I was saving them for last. Now I wish I had read them when I was younger. I don't have the stamina anymore for long books. I would probably be more likely to reread Cannery Row or Tortilla Flat than tackle The Grapes of Wrath. But hopefully some day I'll get to it.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi @Greg Sacramento

I really love your profile picture, it reminds me of my favourite painting. unnamed (6).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    5. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I like Andrew Wyeth. Below is what he's most recognized for but one series I enjoyed a lot was his series of Windows.

cri_000000165457.jpg

And as cliche as it may be, my favorite of all is Van Gogh. I've probably seen the movie Lust for Life over a 100 times. I finally purchased the illustrated books of his letters and its been amazing to read. To read how he speaks, his manners. He's incredibly polite and sentimental when writing his letters which I never knew. I obviously like his painting but I also have a special fondness for his sketches.

Vincent_van_Gogh-Landscape_Sketch.jpeg

I also enjoy Renoir. Pictures on the internet don't do his paintings justice. They are are breath taking in person. renoir-luncheon-of-the-boating-party-thumbnail.jpg

I also like Seurat. I have this one in my kitchen
      default.jpg

I also really like Tim Burton's own artwork. Yes, he doesn't just make movies, he draw too.

burtonmain.jpg

If anyone is looking to explore artwork on line, I highly highly recommend checking out Google Arts and Culture. You can explore artwork from museums around the world and all mediums and its organize very well. They actually went to these museums and took incredibly high resolution images of artwork. You can zoom in and see every little detail down to the brush stroke. Its truly astonishing. https://artsandculture.google.com

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I saw a museum exhibit of Burton's work maybe ten years ago. It was amazing. There were models from his movies as well as artwork unrelated to the movies. I wish I remembered it better, but it was a huge exhibit and there was a big crowd so it was like art-express.

7. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Yes, I saw the same exhibition here in LA. Thats were I purchased the book The Art of Tim Burton. It had a big impact on me because I always wanted to draw, all my life, but felt I couldn't because my drawing looked like a children's drawing. I just always struggled with it. But when I saw his drawings, I felt it was similar to mine and it gave me confidence. I actually free handed a few of his drawing that you can see below. I soon fell in love with ink drawing with a touch of marker color. 12379363476331093263.jpeg 2450043857723620587.jpeg 10614824690545786261.jpeg

• Creative Creative x 1
    8. Yugal Rai
      Dreaming

Yugal Rai Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LUL. Draw ME NICO D ROBIN BOII

• Funny Funny x 1