Any Audiophiles Here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sound Wave, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I am one. Or at least I used to be one. I think I got my T from headphone listening, which sucks and it put my hobby into pause. I am now noticing myself returning to sites like Head-Fi etc, where I by the way use the same alias Sound Wave.

I have three setups. If there are other audiophiles here, what gear do you use?

1. Living room - DSpeaker Antimode DSP room correction DAC + Genelec active speakers
      2. PC - Sennheiser HD700, Audio-gd DAC + Genelec active speakers
      3. Work - portable small DAC + AKG K550 headphones and now my latest purchase, Bose QuietComfort 20 in-ear noise cancelling headphones

P.S. I just watched this quite an interesting video interview about the birth of in-ear monitors

• Like Like x 2
    2. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

Recently got the Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless, great headphones. Nice treble extension and imaging. Doesn't the HD700 have a peak somewhere? Never heard them though.

3. missingsilence
      Depressed

missingsilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who am I kidding, its got to be noise :/
      Used to really enjoy audio gear, was thinking of getting a pair of Sennheiser HD 650's with a DAC/AMP. But since my permanent spike I am saying goodbye to all things on ear and in ear. Back to speakers at low volumes.

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have been an Audiophile since the age of 16, many moons ago. Used to listen to music a lot through Beyer Headphones until I got tinnitus.

I have two HI-FI systems. One in a dedicated acoustically treated room consisting of the following:
      300B valve/Tube parallel single ended amplifier
      ProAc D28 speakers connected to the Amp with Chord Signature speaker cables
      Marantz SA11S3 CD player connect to Amp with Chord Indigo Interconnects
      Clearaudio Emotion Turntable, with Graham Slee Phono Amplifier. Connected to amp using Chord cobra cables

Nordost quantum QX4 mains purifier. 3 Little Mead Mains conditioners.
      Chord screened mains cables, connected to amplifier and CD player.
      Atacama Isolation equipment supports.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Using headphones and having tinnitus one is asking for trouble even at low volume.

6. missingsilence
      Depressed

missingsilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who am I kidding, its got to be noise :/
      I rarely used headphones since I got T, only in places that I couldn't use speakers. In the past I did most of my listening through speakers at reasonable volumes. Now I'm completely done with headphones, speakers too for that matter.

• Like Like x 1