Any competitive/pro athletes out there with tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by T Bone, Apr 15, 2014.

1. T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      I was just wondering if there are any competitive athletes with t, even pro ones if you know of any. Cause it literally feels like I'm the only athlete that has t, at least in my sport.

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      My dad has t and was a pro soccer player many years ago. I don't think he had it when he played though. What sport do you play?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Baseball, very high level.

4. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I'm surprised you don't hear more atheletes with T some of these stadiums get extremely loud night in night out and when your young you tend not to protect your ears. Sorry to hear about your T hope it gets better for you.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Thanks, I don't think that the noise of sporting events are loud enough to cause t or make it worse. The only time it gets loud is when the home team scores or does something the crowd likes, I think if anything athletes would get it from head injurys, although I got mine from a cold.

6. pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      I've wondered about T among sports that have more contact. Pardon me if I am wrong, but baseball probably does not have a high number of concussions relative to say, football (American "style" with the pigskin), hockey and boxing, yes?

Did your onset of T affect your game?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Ya baseball is no football or hockey as far as concussions go. My t has not affected my performance in any way, sometimes its worse then others like if its a cold day and I find myself focusing on it more, but if I'm healthy and it's a hot nice day, my t is almost non existent!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      The trick is really just to say f*ck it, and and focus on the important task at hand, which is definetly not the t. That goes with anything not just baseball. I just have to learn to have that f*ck it attitude towards everything!

9. xmierce

xmierce Member

Tinnitus Since:
      If going to a Seattle Seahawks game does not cause tinnitus nothing will!

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. jraulc_11
      Not amused

jraulc_11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2014
      Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    11. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I am pretty competitive and play sports 3-5x a week for various teams/clubs. As far as I know, I am the only one with T on my team (most likely not statistically speaking) but in sports, especially competitive sports, athletes probably don't talk about T much if ever, anyway. As for what happens when I play sports, my T will usually ramp up. Sometimes it gets pretty loud. However, being in "the zone", it doesn't really bother me and if I do notice it, it is only momentary and I really don't notice it during play. I notice it the most after a game when it seems loud. But it settles after some time. Either way T or no T, I am playing my game :)

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      What sports do you play?