Any Help Greatly Appreciated

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ross Ferguson, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ross Ferguson

Ross Ferguson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Hi everyone,

I've suffered with tinnitus for quite some time in my left year and had reached the stage where I was doing okay with it.
      My right ear was never really an issue just every now and again it would go really quiet but 30 seconds later back to normal. This happened maybe 10 time in the past few years. I've recently had a pretty bad cold and still have a tiny bit of the illness left. Anyway, a couple of days ago I felt a tiny little popping in my right ear and then I burped or yawned or something and then all of a sudden had the weirdest sensation. It was like air going back and forth through my ear. I hoped it was very temporary but it's been non stop the past few days. It's like a spasm in my right ear and although isn't constant, comes every 30 seconds to a minute (or thereabouts). It doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable and really quite scary. It feels very involuntary like a spasm.

I went to the Doctors this morning and was told my ear is clear and therefore it's because I had a cold. I was told to use beconase if its like it in a few days but would most likely go on it's own. I have been particularly stressed with things recently so wonder if that's a factor. The thought of living with this is truly too much to bear, I'm absolutely miserable and don't know what to do - any thoughts, help, anything. Thank you so much :)

Ross.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Ross,
      Lots of mucous gunk can hang around in your tubes for weeks after a cold.
      My advice would be use steam inhalation twice a day for two days and see if that helps you...lots of love Glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ross Ferguson

Ross Ferguson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Hi Glynis,

thanks very much for your reply, very kind indeed. I tried exercise tonight at the gym in the stupid hope that it would flush anything out. I will start the steaming from tomorrow and someone also said to try sinutab and I suppose anything is worth a try as this is totally awful. Thanks again :)

• Hug Hug x 1