Any Ideas of What I Should Do from Here?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheLeeMan, Jun 11, 2017.

1. TheLeeMan

TheLeeMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm 18, and I got tinnitus around two months ago.

It started out really mild, a quiet roaring sound in my right ear and during the nights only.

Eventually, it started to fade away, probably appearing only every three days or so, so I never really payed attention to it.

Other thing I noticed is that it gets worse for a few nights after I go to the movies, so I stopped coming with them... I've always been careful about the noise levels I exposed myself to, the loudest being the movie theaters I went to.

But a bit over a week ago, it came back even worse, with a ringing sound in my right ear as well. And not only does it happen during the night, it appears in the morning and a couple times during the day as well. (predominantly roaring)

Are there any suggestions of what I should do from here?

Thanks for your help.

2. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Do you know what caused T initially (loud noise, were you sick)? A visit with an ENT (ear nose and throat) Dr might be a good place to start. Or at least your regular Dr if you have one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Movies are loud these days, if you go please either find a theater that is not as loud or protect your ears.

In general, avoid loud places and protect your ears if you can...

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @TheLeeMan If you listen to music through headphones even at low volume, then I advise you to stop, as there's a risk of making your tinnitus worse. If I were you, get a good quality pair of earplugs for going to the movies. However, you still need to be aware of loud sounds. The best earplugs in the world will not stop sound from reaching your inner ear, by bone conduction if external sounds are loud enough.